Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

34 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I think kamara is our Casemiro 

I too see Kamara as our Casemiro type. And I see Dendonker as sufficient back up to him for now. Luiz we can easily play McGinn in his role, he would be as good a distributor, but would be a better ball winner.

Also I really rate Iroegbunam. Physically and technically, he is the complete package. Has a bit of pace, strong, tall, fit. Can carry the ball, is a good passer both long and short (needs to pick his passes better though), has a good touch, can tackle. He is also composed, but aggressive. He is a lot like a young Steven Gerrard (who broke into the team as a DM). We really shoukd look to give him a shot as Luiz back up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I too see Kamara as our Casemiro type. And I see Dendonker as sufficient back up to him for now. Luiz we can easily play McGinn in his role, he would be as good a distributor, but would be a better ball winner.

Also I really rate Iroegbunam. Physically and technically, he is the complete package. Has a bit of pace, strong, tall, fit. Can carry the ball, is a good passer both long and short (needs to pick his passes better though), has a good touch, can tackle. He is also composed, but aggressive. He is a lot like a young Steven Gerrard (who broke into the team as a DM). We really shoukd look to give him a shot as Luiz back up. 

Sorry not for me. Although dendonker has shown better performances recently i still don t think overall he is good enough would be a  player if consider cashing in on

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Sorry not for me. Although dendonker has shown better performances recently i still don t think overall he is good enough would be a  player if consider cashing in on

As a back up I think he’s absolutely fine, he’s been a big part of our recent form including the Newcastle win. If he’s happy on the bench then you’ll struggle to replace that. 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Kessie isnt a DM,  he was the most forward attacker of the 3 midfielders at Milan behind Bennacer and Tonali

Every time I’ve seen him play at Barca he’s been in a double pivot,  he breaks up play well and knows when to press higher up the pitch causing quick turnovers to start an attack. 

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Wouldn't be the end of the world.

Good player but Moreno is 29 and players tend to decline post 30.

If we were to get good money for him it would be a good piece of business.

He played most of his football at lower levels until his late 20’s it’s safe to say he’s a late bloomer and has plenty of years left in the tank.

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

Collomosse saying forward, winger and a "dynamic" midfielder are being targeted for the summer with potentially a right back as well.

Right back is the most pressing of those positions I'd say. Or at least equal with winger.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

People citing Kamara's injuries this season as a reason for a player of similar quality are wide of the mark. He's been unlucky with injuries, he's not an injury prone player. His record at Marseille is testament to that.

Dendonker is more that sufficient in a back up role playing playing weaker teams in Cup matches, and filling in for injuries and suspensions. 

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

I think we need to replace Donk for where we are headed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I wonder if we’ll be after Gonçalo Ramos, mendes is his agent, only 21 and doing very well in Portugal. 

Might be off to Newcastle.

Ive heard a rumour that they love a number 9 up there.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Collomosse is hedging his bets like most journalists. Nobody knows our transfer business. 

potentially in this case but he definitely gets word from inside the club if we want something out there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I think we need to replace Donk for where we are headed.

I can't see us being able to any better than like for like replacement, until we get champions league football. If we have a player a similar standard to Kamara, one of them.is going to pissed if they aren't getting enough games.

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yes but the type of club that finishes consistently in the top 4/6 don’t have players of dendonker’s standard as back up. In any case it’s a squad game now and so the very term, “backup player”, is an out of date concept. 

The aim is to have two equally good players in every position. Ok that’s practically impossible but clubs are trying to get to that point or as close as they can. It’s no coincidence that strong squads generally come strong at this point of the season. 

I'll have to disagree. Rodri at City plays most games and all the important ones. Fabinho at Liverpool is the same. 

The reality is the top teams all have 5 or 6 players that play most games so long as they're fit. Those players only really get rotated for league Cup games, early rounds of the FA Cup. And the weakest prem and champions league opposition. And even then unless its the league Cup they don't rest more than 2 or 3 of them at once.

This is true for the defensive positions even more so. If Kamara is fit he would start every prem game. That leaves his alternative with scraps at best. 

We need to put our resources in to other areas. Right wide forward is the most pressing. Then another wide midfielder as we only have 3 suitable players for these 2 positions. The right back as I can see Youngs limitations the more he plays.  Right centre back as I don't rate Chambers as a centre back, and Konsa is someone I think we can improve on. A better no 2 keeper. If Iroegbunam isn't deemed ready to back up Doug then a Doug backup. All this for me trumps a dendonker replacement.

Guest av1
1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

We’ll be linked with the whole Barca squad by the start of the window.

Some interesting comments in there. They all seem to think Alemany is pursuing Torres to help Barca out, ie getting a rubbish player off the payroll 🤣

They aren’t very complimentary of the boy. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Some interesting comments in there. They all seem to think Alemany is pursuing Torres to help Barca out, ie getting a rubbish player off the payroll 🤣

If emery thinks he is shit then Torres won't be coming here, regardless of what Alemany wants. 

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

He has a buyout clause of €1bn apparently!

Guest av1
1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

If emery thinks he is shit then Torres won't be coming here, regardless of what Alemany wants. 

Can’t say I remember much of him at City, and I don’t watch Barca. I just watched a YouTube video of him and I must say my first impression was that he seems like a carbon copy of El Ghazi.