Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

I in no way think it happens. But according to Transfermarkt and Fabrizio Romano, Paolo Dybala's release clause is €12.5m for non-Italian clubs.

Wages, signing and agent fees would dwarf that, but I assume Coutinhos did too.

If you watch the interview that he said that quote (I posted it in the Emi thread). It is a joint interview with Ian Wright, Emi and Paolo Dybala’s wife/girlfriend who is a singer. When Emi says he wants to bring his Arg teammates to Villa, Ian Wright suggests asking De Paul but Dybalas wife pipes up “no ask Dybala!” It was all v light hearted tho.

• Like 2

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

If you watch the interview that he said that quote (I posted it in the Emi thread). It is a joint interview with Ian Wright, Emi and Paolo Dybala’s wife/girlfriend who is a singer. When Emi says he wants to bring his Arg teammates to Villa, Ian Wright suggests asking De Paul but Dybalas wife pipes up “no ask Dybala!” It was all v light hearted tho.

Well then, Welcome Paolo

28 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Argentine World Cup squad at Positions of Need, excluding keeper, obviously

RB

• Nahuel Molina (Atleti) - 25
  • Juan Foyth (Villareal❗️) - 25 
  • Gonzalo Montiel (Sevilla) - 26

CB

• No realistic options under 30

Midfield

• Giovanni Lo Celso (Villareal❗️) - 27
  • Rodrigo De Paul (Atleti) - 29
  • Guido Rodriguez (Betis) - 29
  • Leandro Paredes (Juve) - 29

Striker

• Paolo Dybala (Roma) - 29
  • Lautaro Martinez (Inter) - 25

I think both strikers are very unlikely. Though Spurs have just been linked to Lautaro Martinez, so included anyway.

Foyth and Lo Celso stand out as Villareal players. De Paul would still be a coup at 29 and we've shown interest before allegedly, though can't see it still

You forgot Messi 😉

I think judging by the squad / bench and the reluctance to use it, we need to be quite busy in the summer and I think we will.

I've seen a few suggestions we only need one or two and we shouldn't change too much.
I understand that point of view but I think the players are playing well because of the coaching and tactics and spirit and any new signings will enjoy the same but be better players, or at least as good.

I reckon 6 or 7 coming in and a few going out in terms of first teamers. Plus some kids promoted to the squad and more fringe players leaving.
Reasonably big changes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

I think judging by the squad / bench and the reluctance to use it, we need to be quite busy in the summer and I think we will.

I've seen a few suggestions we only need one or two and we shouldn't change too much.
I understand that point of view but I think the players are playing well because of the coaching and tactics and spirit and any new signings will enjoy the same but be better players, or at least as good.

I reckon 6 or 7 coming in and a few going out in terms of first teamers. Plus some kids promoted to the squad and more fringe players leaving.
Reasonably big changes.

I think this summer is massive for us as if we back him I think Emery will bring us champions league football, or at least be challenging for it

Newcastle have shown by strengthening the spine of the team and decent coaching without changing every player can bring consistent performances throughout the season.

For us it's more the wide players and if there are any significant upgrades available elsewhere at the right price I'm sure they will be looked at.

We are quite specific for once in what we need, quality emery ball adaptors or the ready made thing. Anything else may look great but isn't going to fit.

35 minutes ago, burchy said:

I think this summer is massive for us as if we back him I think Emery will bring us champions league football, or at least be challenging for it

I'm pretty certain he gets backed. I'd be amazed if he joined us in 17th without an agreement on spending of some level to get the team into Europe. The form of the past few months has been a very welcome surprise but I can't imagine it was the plan

Trim the squad fat and get us lean whilst keeping us out of a relegation battle through December-May is what I assume the plan was, ready to spend in the summer to get us where we think we should be.

A severe  improvement to some players since you would hope would mean Unai can spend the same money on Fewer, Better players than maybe NSWE and Purslow had maybe been thinking of in the immediate aftermath of Gerrard.

Edited by HalfTimePost

I’d like something like the below, wishful thinking perhaps but we’d be a real force if we added these key areas, whilst trimming the deadwood further.

SUMMER 23/24

Starter- RB/CB, also push Carlos/Konsa at CB

Starter - LM/CAM, bench Ramsey

Starter- RW/SS, bench/rotate Buendia

Starter/Comp - RM, rotate McGinn

Starter/Comp - CM, rotate Luiz

Comp - CBL, push Mings

Comp - Backup GK

WINTER 23/24

Comp- LWB, bin off Digne

Comp - DM, bin off Dendonker

Comp - LW/RW, youth prospect to give us options

57 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I think judging by the squad / bench and the reluctance to use it, 

We made a triple substitution on Saturday which changed the game and earned us a point. In general we have players out injured atm who make impacts off bench or starting.

Cash, Kamara, Bailey, Coutinho. 

8 minutes ago, burchy said:

I’d like something like the below, wishful thinking perhaps but we’d be a real force if we added these key areas, whilst trimming the deadwood further.

SUMMER 23/24

Starter- RB/CB, also push Carlos/Konsa at CB

Starter - LM/CAM, bench Ramsey

Starter- RW/SS, bench/rotate Buendia

Starter/Comp - RM, rotate McGinn

Starter/Comp - CM, rotate Luiz

Comp - CBL, push Mings

Comp - Backup GK

WINTER 23/24

Comp- LWB, bin off Digne

Comp - DM, bin off Dendonker

Comp - LW/RW, youth prospect to give us options

Don't get this part at all, we need to build a squad for Europe, players like donk need to be kept around even if we improve the players ahead of them, we have played half our season with two keepers on bench 

6 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Don't get this part at all, we need to build a squad for Europe, players like donk need to be kept around even if we improve the players ahead of them, we have played half our season with two keepers on bench 

I haven’t put him to be binned off until January but he’s in 90k and doesn’t get a look in with Kamara fit, I’d swap him for a younger option. 

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Argentine World Cup squad at Positions of Need, excluding keeper, obviously

RB

• Nahuel Molina (Atleti) - 25
  • Juan Foyth (Villareal❗️) - 25 
  • Gonzalo Montiel (Sevilla) - 26

CB

• No realistic options under 30

Midfield

• Giovanni Lo Celso (Villareal❗️) - 27
  • Rodrigo De Paul (Atleti) - 29
  • Guido Rodriguez (Betis) - 29
  • Leandro Paredes (Juve) - 29

Striker

• Paolo Dybala (Roma) - 29
  • Lautaro Martinez (Inter) - 25

I think both strikers are very unlikely. Though Spurs have just been linked to Lautaro Martinez, so included anyway.

Foyth and Lo Celso stand out as Villareal players. De Paul would still be a coup at 29 and we've shown interest before allegedly, though can't see it still

You missed Facundo Medina for LB / CB who’s been linked already and is 23 … and also I’d add Thiago Almada to the list