Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

More and more smoke around Kang.

He's not who I particularly wanted, but £16m or so on a lad with a lot of upside off the pitch makes sense.

He's struck me as pretty greedy before and isn't particularly successful at the wonder maneuvers he tries to pull off.

Young with a lot of senior mins is always a huge positive. I'd have every faith Emery would elevate him to a level he's not been before if he does join.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

More and more smoke around Kang.

He's not who I particularly wanted, but £16m or so on a lad with a lot of upside off the pitch makes sense.

He's struck me as pretty greedy before and isn't particularly successful at the wonder maneuvers he tries to pull off.

Young with a lot of senior mins is always a huge positive. I'd have every faith Emery would elevate him to a level he's not been before if he does join.

tbh we need an Asian player ideally for commercial reasons, its a huge, huge market.

whether that be Kang-in, kamada, or whoever (of high enough marketability), it would be a big financial coup if we could access the asian market with an asian star player.

Buy all the left footers...

Would be good to get an up and coming player from the Asian market as the above has said. Seems very exciting in his play.  The impact Son had on Spurs in terms of fan base cannot be underestimated. And now he is nearly 32 there is a spot for a new superstar there .

Edited by MWARLEY2

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbh we need an Asian player ideally for commercial reasons, its a huge, huge market.

whether that be Kang-in, kamada, or whoever (of high enough marketability), it would be a big financial coup if we could access the asian market with an asian star player.

I agree.

Not a certain thing he'll be much use in that regard in say three years time IMO. The price reflects that though.

I'd take Lee Kang-In, and Kamada if we get Europe.

One Japanese and one South Korean to cover the two large Asian Markets.

Both capable players, and either entering their prime or with lots of room to develop further.

The military service for Lee Kang-In is 2 years, but at the age of 22, it's only a very small percentage of the potential available time he could play for us at his peak. And if things go well for him and us he might get exempted anyway.

It's the way of the FFP world that we need to make these type of signings, but there is a lot more than just a cash flow upside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would like Kaoru Mitoma.....but I have no idea of the cost or availability.

High cost, zero availability. He's not coming to Villa, nor would he consider it for a second: he's the next big superstar. A top top transfer beckons.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Remember when we were.linked to Rafael Leao ? Some player he has gone on to be it seems! Well out of reach now.

We were never actually going to get him...  He was one of the hottest prospects in Europe at that point.  He's now an elite player.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Remember when we were.linked to Rafael Leao ? Some player he has gone on to be it seems! Well out of reach now.

He’s one of the strangest players I’ve ever seen I just can’t explain it he’s like a mix of Ronaldinho, Nzogbia and Bert Traore .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

So are the Kyle Walker rumours bollocks? Or have they got mixed up with Kyle Walker-Peters?

Yes total bollocks. Football Insider made up crap because Pep doesn't want him any more and he used to play for Villa who want a RB so 2+2=5

They replied to my YouTube comment calling them a laughing stock with link to their exclusive correct predictions including that Gerrard was going to get sacked. Like no shit Sherlock