Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

9 hours ago, The_Steve said:

He was somewhat close to joining or the rumours had legs for sure 

It fits Ajax model.

Pick up underachieving prem player for about 15m, get two good seasons and then sell him on for double. It's exactly what they did with Seb Haller after he flopped at West Ham and then Dortmund picked him up. They could've sold Tadic for a stupid amount in summer 2019 aswell.

7 hours ago, burchy said:

I think Konsa can play the RB role under Emery but he wouldn’t excel at it as he doesn’t have the passing skills that are required.

We need someone who is comfortable receiving the ball tight and can drive forward, either themselves or via progressive passes to a teammate.

Konsa doesn’t do this, he passes to Mings and Mings does the progression (mostly)

We need decent passing stats across all three of the CBs in a possession based/play out from the back, back three

Yep agreed. Konsa could do a job away to likes of Chelsea and Spurs at RB but I just can't see him contributing much in attack.

Seems Cash has become a bit of a scapegoat this season but I wouldn't say he's been terrible and recently he's set up goals at home to Arsenal and Palace. Could Konsa do the runs he did there?

I think the most important thing is that we should get 3-4 class players in and not get rid of anyone. Let's build a squad. Then Emery can see next January window if he needs to replace a couple of players in the squad with a couple of new signings.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nico Williams / Kudus / Brennan Johnson.

You can only have one. Who you picking? 

Williams looks to have a lot of potential but  for me you always to have to uplift players who have proved they can do it in PL because that is always a massive ? against any new signing. This league finds so many players out. 

For that reason I’d go Johnson and even put Bowen above other two if West Ham happened to go down. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Williams looks to have a lot of potential but  for me you always to have to uplift players who have proved they can do it in PL because that is always a massive ? against any new signing. This league finds so many players out. 

For that reason I’d go Johnson and even put Bowen above other two if West Ham happened to go down. 

It’s a good point. 

Then again there are quite a lot of players who have had 1 really good season in the PL and who have then struggled to ever repeat it. Or who have struggled to perform when they got a move to a bigger club with bigger expectations. 

Williams is already performing at a great club with huge pressure and a very demanding and passionate fan base. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

I really don't get the fascination with Johnson, he's bang average. Scored a few goals, and now people rate him highly. Don't see it. 

Only 21 still. Performed well at every level he's played at which is always a good sign (was excellent for Lincoln in league one the season he was there). Looked good at international level aswell although criminally underused at the WC.

He can play wide or as CF so just feels a perfect fit for Emery's system. 8 prem goals in about 30 games is more than a few goals aswell.

If Forest hadn't got promoted Brentford would've signed Johnson so that tells you his potential has been spotted by one of the best talent finders in the football business.

We're ideal club as he can stay local aswell but who knows if he's even someone on Emery's radar.

He'd cost significantly less than Nico Williams although I think we should have scope to sign both if we really wanted to.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He'd cost significantly less than Nico Williams although I think we should have scope to sign both if we really wanted to.

Williams is rumoured to be 45m, can’t see Johnson going for much different given PL tax especially as before PL experience they wanted 18m.  Now he’s proving himself in the PL, you can imagine that fee has doubled at least, especially with admirers he has.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Williams is rumoured to be 45m, can’t see Johnson going for much different given PL tax especially as before PL experience they wanted 18m.  Now he’s proving himself in the PL, you can imagine that fee has doubled at least, especially with admirers he has.

Will be reduced if Forest get relegated.

Maddison is getting linked to Newcastle for 40m regardless of whether Leicester stay up and this is far more proven top level player.

I think you could get Johnson for similar fee that we paid for Bailey/Buendia.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Will be reduced if Forest get relegated.

Maddison is getting linked to Newcastle for 40m regardless of whether Leicester stay up and this is far more proven top level player.

I think you could get Johnson for similar fee that we paid for Bailey/Buendia.

Yeah probably will be reduced if they get relegated but they have a very rich owner but will be hindered by FFP thoughts.  I think you’re being optimistic thinking it will be much less than Williams, also this banks on Forest going down which far from a given.

• Like 1