Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What’s Emery’s transfer record like? At arsenal it seems very hit and miss. 

I could be wrong, but I believe that Arsenal's recruitment is mainly handled by their Sporting Director, Edu.  Not sure how much input the manager gets, if any.

Edited by duke313

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I could be wrong, but I believe that Arsenal's recruitment is mainly handled by their Sporting Director, Edu.  Not sure how much input the manager gets, if any.

Think that's right. He wanted Zaha and they went for Pepe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Interesting development. Didn’t he turn us down because he wanted to stay in or close to Basque region? Might have a change of heart now after this. Get on it Unai.

Poor Nico either way. I think we were going to be bidding for him in the summer regardless. 

It seems we are being linked with plenty of strikers no better than Ollie.

Ollie has 2.75 scoring ratio......wouldn't consider anyone worse than that, unless he was an up and coming young talent.

One season wonders are not what we want either.

any mature striker, around 2 - 2.5 is whats needed.

• Confused 1

I want us to go for Mohamed Kudus at Ajax, top talent that can play anywhere across the front line. 

He’s Ghanaian so the bonus would be some nice Ghana lions social media content 😄

Him and a younger cheaper option too and we’d be covered (Bakayoko @ PSV). 

I’m reluctant to say it but I’d bin off Bailey

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Ollie has 2.75 scoring ratio......wouldn't consider anyone worse than that, unless he was an up and coming young talent.

A name mentioned loads of times, Jonathan David sits at 1.47 and Ramos at Benfica (long shot I know) is on 1.29, which is better than Kane’s at 1.32. 

I’ve suggested Lois Openda previously who has a 1.93 rating but he’s still a bit raw. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, burchy said:

I want us to go for Mohamed Kudus at Ajax, top talent that can play anywhere across the front line. 

He’s Ghanaian so the bonus would be some nice Ghana lions social media content 😄

Him and a younger cheaper option too and we’d be covered (Bakayoko @ PSV). 

I’m reluctant to say it but I’d bin off Bailey

Maybe we can include Bailey in any deal for Kudus, wasn't he linked there before or was that bullshit?

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

What’s Emery’s transfer record like? At arsenal it seems very hit and miss. 

Excellent he built a squad that finished 6th in La Liga with Almeria buying players from the second tier like Alvaro Negredo, did the same with Lorca on a shoe string budget. Worked with minimal funds at Valencia , Villarreal and Sevilla unearthing some gems along the way. Didn’t have much of say in transfers at Spartak , Psg or Arsenal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Excellent he built a squad that finished 6th in La Liga with Almeria buying players from the second tier like Alvaro Negredo, did the same with Lorca on a shoe string budget. Worked with minimal funds at Valencia , Villarreal and Sevilla unearthing some gems along the way. Didn’t have much of say in transfers at Spartak , Psg or Arsenal. 

Think Monchi was the one mainly behind the transfers at Sevilla.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Think Monchi was the one mainly behind the transfers at Sevilla.

I imagine Unai would have suggested Alvaro Negredo who signed for the second time for Sevilla , Ever Banega for the second time and Alexis Vidal another former player from Almeria. It’s about working together and find the targets collectively, I wouldn’t disregard the fact that Emery was heavily involved in recruitment. 

Just now, gwi1890 said:

I imagine Unai would have suggested Alvaro Negredo who signed for the second time for Sevilla , Ever Banega for the second time and Alexis Vidal another former player from Almeria. It’s about working together and find the targets collectively, I wouldn’t disregard the fact that Emery was heavily involved in recruitment. 

No me neither. It's just that pretty much no club outside of England (or even England these days) have the manager handling transfers. Sure Emery was involved but Monchi was seen as a transfer guru during his long spell at Sevilla and was the one handling transfers.

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Could play as the centre mid or the 10.

He plays in a double pivot for Feyenoord with licence to get forward but he could play the advanced role. Some of his stats are on par with Enzo Fernandez so definitely a talent.

Not the greatest defensively though but I’ve always thought he’d do well here.