Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, sne said:

No me neither. It's just that pretty much no club outside of England (or even England these days) have the manager handling transfers. Sure Emery was involved but Monchi was seen as a transfer guru during his long spell at Sevilla and was the one handling transfers.

True he’s worked with DoF at every club he’s been at and it wouldn’t surprise me to see someone come in to work alongside or in addition to Lange.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

True he’s worked with DoF at every club he’s been at and it wouldn’t surprise me to see someone come in to work alongside or in addition to Lange.

We'd been linked with Antonio Cordón, was Sporting Director at Betis recently, largely responsible for their recent recruitment and resurgence.  Left Betis not that long ago, so is a free agent. Was also linked with Barca recently.  Maybe Don Emery can convince to join the project.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yeah I both hope and think this will happen. As per the post above we were linked to the Betis one and also the Bilbao one I think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah I both hope and think this will happen. As per the post above we were linked to the Betis one and also the Bilbao one I think.

Linked to the one at Sociedad Roberto Olabe, and Cordon at Betis both who’ve built competitive sides in La Liga without breaking the bank.

• Like 2

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Linked to the one at Sociedad Roberto Olabe, and Cordon at Betis both who’ve built competitive sides in La Liga without breaking the bank.

Oh right, I probably got the Sociedad and Bilbao one mixed up :thumb:

• Like 1

Just now, trillvillan said:

Could we tempt Paqueta away from West Ham - there's a real quality player in there even tho his form hasn't been the greatest with West Ham. 

Absolutely no interest. Soft. Would cost and want paying a fortune.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Absolutely no interest. Soft. Would cost and want paying a fortune.

Soft? Hes far from soft. Was one of the most kicked around players last year in Europe and for Brazil he creates a lot for them on top of that. 

Just last week he broke West Hams record for the most tackles out of a player in a single game. He gets around all over the pitch, just think with West Hams form - its showed with Paqueta and him being played out of position a lot. 

If he wanted a move out, I think other then the weekly wages being fairly expensive, maybe 35mill? Not bad for a full Brazilian international. Another Brazilian in the squad never hurts anyone and he could also tempt Vitor Roque here along with Luiz 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, burchy said:

A name mentioned loads of times, Jonathan David sits at 1.47 and Ramos at Benfica (long shot I know) is on 1.29, which is better than Kane’s at 1.32. 

I’ve suggested Lois Openda previously who has a 1.93 rating but he’s still a bit raw. 

They play in much weaker leagues though

2 hours ago, trillvillan said:

Soft? Hes far from soft. Was one of the most kicked around players last year in Europe and for Brazil he creates a lot for them on top of that. 

Just last week he broke West Hams record for the most tackles out of a player in a single game. He gets around all over the pitch, just think with West Hams form - its showed with Paqueta and him being played out of position a lot. 

If he wanted a move out, I think other then the weekly wages being fairly expensive, maybe 35mill? Not bad for a full Brazilian international. Another Brazilian in the squad never hurts anyone and he could also tempt Vitor Roque here along with Luiz 😉

He is quite soft in fairness not to mention was poor and called weak in Milan and has been a dud at West Ham so far

• Haha 1

Lots of talent in the Netherlands, question marks about whether they can hit the same heights in the Premier League though, look at Gakpo at Liverpool. 

If we’re not already we should be looking at the likes of Simons, Bakayoko, Kudus, Veerman, Kerkez, Brobbey, Geertruida, Timber,  Kokcu….the list goes on. 

I see people suggesting this or that bunch of positions to buy for however I don't see people saying who they would get rid of and if that is even likely.

For example no point saying you want another left back if you can't get rid of Digne.

Centre back..... who are you getting rid of? You can't have figured Carlos into the equation as no one knows how he will be and Chambers is often favoured over Dendonker to play one of the double pivot roles.

Right back..... Who are you getting rid of? Cash seems to be getting better, are you letting Young go? What about KKH?

Gk...... Will Martinez leave? A reserve keeper seems obvious.

Similar points can be made in midfield and forward, I think you get the point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

Lots of talent in the Netherlands, question marks about whether they can hit the same heights in the Premier League though, look at Gakpo at Liverpool. 

If we’re not already we should be looking at the likes of Simons, Bakayoko, Kudus, Veerman, Kerkez, Brobbey, Geertruida, Timber,  Kokcu….the list goes on. 

There always seems to be a question mark over players from Eredivise weather they are good enough for PL.

But for every flop there are successes like Suarez, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Van Persie that go on to be star players in PL.

5 minutes ago, burchy said:

Dutch league in last 10 years has produced very little talent for the hype. Probably as much successful transfers from Scottish or Irish leagues its that overhyped

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I see people suggesting this or that bunch of positions to buy for however I don't see people saying who they would get rid of and if that is even likely.

For example no point saying you want another left back if you can't get rid of Digne.

Centre back..... who are you getting rid of? You can't have figured Carlos into the equation as no one knows how he will be and Chambers is often favoured over Dendonker to play one of the double pivot roles.

Right back..... Who are you getting rid of? Cash seems to be getting better, are you letting Young go? What about KKH?

Gk...... Will Martinez leave? A reserve keeper seems obvious.

Similar points can be made in midfield and forward, I think you get the point.

Centre back we have Konsa and Mings plus the unlucky Carlos so I think we can afford a 4th in the squad to replace Chambers.  I'd trust Emery to get what he feels he needs.

Right back we could do with an equivalent to Moreno as even if Ash plays on we could phase him out next season.  Cash is good but needs competition.

Left back I agree.

Olsen I'm 'meh' about.  Happy to see him replaced on the cheap but don't expect a great keeper wanting to play backup anyway.

We need one top quality winger for sure and where I'd concentrate most of our effort.  Guendouzi I'd be very happy with in central midfield but suddenly we seem quite well off there.

I'm most intrigued by what Emery does with the youth players if we qualify for Europe.  Hopefully it might accelerate the development of 4 or 5 of them.