Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

33 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is Pulisic injured again at Chelsea? Haven't seen him involved there since the World cup.

That would be someone who'd fit well into Emery's system but assume he'd go to another CL club given Chelsea were about to unload Ziyech to PSG.

Chelsea will have some higher level unsettled players available come this summer. They can't play them all and some egos will be bruised by sitting on the bench, or not even making the squad.

Ziyech, Pulisic, Zakaria, RLC, Fofana (the striker), Madueke barely playing, even the most overrated footballer in history Mason Mount might be available.

36 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Chelsea will have some higher level unsettled players available come this summer. They can't play them all and some egos will be bruised by sitting on the bench, or not even making the squad.

Ziyech, Pulisic, Zakaria, RLC, Fofana (the striker), Madueke barely playing, even the most overrated footballer in history Mason Mount might be available.

I think Mount is pretty good tbh. Seems to get a lot of slack for underperforming in an England shirt but I think he’s a good player. God knows what they do with the rest of them. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wilko154 said:

You've got £100 million to spend, but you can only spend it on one player.

Which position in our current side are you spending the money on?

the answer changes depending on how much is known with Carlos' injury. 

15 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

the answer changes depending on how much is known with Carlos' injury. 

This isn't spoke about enough. If Carlos comes back and does well, we're in much better position (obviously), but if he struggles because of the level/injury, then centre back is probably one of the areas we need to improve upon most. Konsa isn't going to cut it for a top half/Europe push. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, wilko154 said:

You've got £100 million to spend, but you can only spend it on one player.

Which position in our current side are you spending the money on?

As paul154 has already said, a £100m player would be looking to sign for a CL club. Given that, I would spend £50m on two players and leave it to UE to decide which two. I might match Liverpool's bid for Bellingham though, after all they are unlikely to be in the CL either next season and I would really love to see the look on the faces on the Noses, if we actually did sign him. They might even bring his shirt out of retirement:).

Edited by John
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Ironically RLC and Ziyech started against Tottenham yesterday!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Perhaps a cut price deal for Chukweumeka on the cards. We could send him back to the U23 where he should have been all along 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Isn't Mount out of contract this summer?

Just now, AshVilla said:

I'm happy for Man United to beat us to this signing.

Will cost an extortionate amount and will not be an upgrade or a different type of striker to what we currently have.

They are only monitoring….like cheerleaders for us really 😉

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

I'm happy for Man United to beat us to this signing.

Will cost an extortionate amount and will not be an upgrade or a different type of striker to what we currently have.

I think an Ollie and Tammy partnership would offer a lot more threat than Ollie and Bailey or Ollie and Bertie.  I don't think it will happen but Ollie, Tammy and Duran would give some pretty serious options and would cause plenty of defences a fair few problems.