Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Big Summer ahead. Think it’ll be our most active since we got promoted. I imagine we’ll be looking to spend 120m as a baseline with a few quid added on top when we sell Martinez. We may even be able to generate some extra cash through the sale of some fringe players. I think we’ll see a couple of surprise departures too. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bailey leave and maybe even someone like Cash/Konsa. Getting Digne’s wages off the books should be a priority. Probably Coutinho’s too. 

This group of players isn’t good enough. We need a big refresh and I think we’ll get one. I expect at least 4 new starters for next season. Probably 5/6 if we’re serious about targeting Europe. 

I wpuldn't be surprised to see any of the following sold: martinez (60m), cash (20m), Digne (12m), chambers (2m), olsen (1m)

Plus players out on loan, nakamba, sanson etc for pittance

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I wpuldn't be surprised to see any of the following sold: martinez (60m), cash (20m), Digne (12m), chambers (2m), olsen (1m)

Plus players out on loan, nakamba, sanson etc for pittance

Yep, so you could argue we’ll spend 200m close to. I can imagine Emery will have his eye on a keeper in Spain. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yep, so you could argue we’ll spend 200m close to. I can imagine Emery will have his eye on a keeper in Spain. 

will be interesting to see what we do spend, if some of the alleged players do go, or others also, the income could be something like:

Martinez - 50m?

Cash - 25m?

Chambers - ?

Digne - 10m?

Steer- free

Will Bailey, Traore, Mcginn, Coutinho stay?

I think its reasonable to assume, that if Martinez does go, as well as others, we could generate 100m+ from sales, so we could really push the boat out if thats the case (ie: net spend 200m, so 300m spent, 100m income, for example).

Going to be a very interesting summer (i hope).

Problem is if we sell so many then we'll have a very weak bench again once injuries hit.

Perhaps Cash isn't Unai's ideal FB but imo he needs to be kept around. I thought he played fine yesterday so not like he's a complete liability, he just had some average games after the world cup.

We sign a new RB but sell Cash and Young then decides to retire....how is the cover on the bench? Bit like people saying just sell Mings and Konsa, we need one of those to stick around and that is surely Mings with the new deal as all it takes is a new signing to get a Carlos style injury and we're back to scrabbling around for mediocre CB options.

In six months we just need to be in a position where likes of Konsa, Digne, McGinn and Luiz aren't certain starters anymore. Would've added Ollie in that group but he's playing very well currently. We still need an alternative unless Duran really hits the ground running in terms of goalscoring over next 15 games.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

will be interesting to see what we do spend, if some of the alleged players do go, or others also, the income could be something like:

Martinez - 50m?

Cash - 25m?

Chambers - ?

Digne - 10m?

Steer- free

Will Bailey, Traore, Mcginn, Coutinho stay?

I think its reasonable to assume, that if Martinez does go, as well as others, we could generate 100m+ from sales, so we could really push the boat out if thats the case (ie: net spend 200m, so 300m spent, 100m income, for example).

Going to be a very interesting summer (i hope).

Traore will be shipped out again and I think Bailey will leave. Buendia will stay and I think we’ll be stuck with Coutinho even though he has a role to play. Digne will be tough to sell due to wages. Cash and Martinez should fetch healthy fees. 

I still think we’ll be in for Guendouzi. As mad as it sounds, I don’t think we’ll sign an out and out striker. I don’t see it as a priority. The player behind the striker is more important. Bailey has struggled in that role and Buendia/Coutinho don’t have the pace I think Emery wants to see from someone in that position. 

A lot of talk around how Emery is going to change the squad and some players will be out etc etc. if this is known to the team, how exactly is that going to impact performances in the short term? Think we need to be mindful that these players are the ones who are going to determine how well we finish this season… which could end up being not very well at all based on the last 3 matches. 

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

A lot of talk around how Emery is going to change the squad and some players will be out etc etc. if this is known to the team, how exactly is that going to impact performances in the short term? Think we need to be mindful that these players are the ones who are going to determine how well we finish this season… which could end up being not very well at all based on the last 3 matches. 

It’s part of the business - unless you’re on absolute form, you have to fight for your place. 

At the minimum, they should try to play well to entice other teams to target them. 

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Or spur them on to show they are good enough to stay.  

If they take your approach then do we want to keep them.  

Very few of them will go to better teams than Villa therefore they should be busting a gut to prove themselves, which is also only natural that players trying to prove themselves to a new manager.

Not their mentality falls because of how you have framed it…would we want to keep that type of player when the pressure builds for next season and expectations will be higher….I think not.  

Time for players to step up or ship out.  I’m thinking this will make the best step up and we’ll finish the season stronger.

• Like 1

I'd start with the platform of Martinez, Mings, Douglas Luiz, Kamara and Watkins (at the very least as a squad player) and go from there. 

Moreno is Emery's first signing and -even though I haven't been particularly impressed so far - there's an argument to say he needs time to adapt and all the rest of it. Duran is one for the future. 

I'd be open to offers for the rest - Jacob Ramsey included. 

Problem is it doesn't work like that. The two players we would prob most want to keep (Emi and Boubs) are the players most likely to attract bids. 

• Like 1

We sign two players of kamaras quality, one in CM and one on the wing, and this team will get a lot better

New RB too and it's more or less done

And its around £150m spent and £500k+ a week in wages, we won't get as lucky as kamara on a free again

That's where we're at, not 10 x £15m players and expecting things to change, we've spent too long fishing in the lower PL quality pond

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

We sign two players of kamaras quality, one in CM and one on the wing, and this team will get a lot better

New RB too and it's more or less done

And its around £150m spent and £500k+ a week in wages, we won't get as lucky as kamara on a free again

That's where we're at, not 10 x £15m players and expecting things to change

I agree with the midfielder and the winger, but I think we need a new defence. Mings is our best defender by a mile and I don’t think he’s good enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I agree with the midfielder and the winger, but I think we need a new defence. Mings is our best defender by a mile and I don’t think he’s good enough.

The winger and midfielder will put less stress on the defenders 😉

• Like 1

If Martinez goes I'd like us to be in for one of the young Irish keepers, Bazunu or Kelleher. Both good with the ball at their feet. 

Can see a new RB coming in too and Cash departing. 

Hopefully Guendouzi deal is agreed too to help the midfield. 

Up top is a difficult one, would like to see Archer given a chance but can see Emery wanting a sign an experienced top class player

Kelleher

New RB, Carlos, Mings, Moreno

Luiz, Kamara

Guendouzi, Buendia

Watkins, New ST

Edited by PeterSw

2 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Anderson from Palace as CH

Eze or Olise from Palace

Neves from Wolves

Adams from Leeds

Onana from Everton

Johnson from Forest

Toney from Brentford

That is the level of signings we should be looking at in the summer

The Palace players will either stick at Palace or go to better teams than us. Toney wouldn’t come to us in a million years (and could well be banned for a while). If Neves moves, it will be to one of the big six or abroad. Onana, Johnson and Adams are the only possibilities from that list and I’m not sure they would improve us that much.