£3m in Ings Transfer Add-ons or West Ham Relegated. Which do you Prefer?

maqroll

£3m in Added-on cash or West Ham Relegation  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Cash or West Ham Go Down

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/02/23 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

£3m

I don’t mind West Ham, despite our poor record against them. Plenty others I’d like to see go down before WHU.

I want them, Wolves and Everton to go down. Wolves because they're Wolves and belong in the Championship.  West Ham because they are kit stealers and have a Bluenose connection. Also, they are positioned to potentially be a powerhouse if they were bought by a Saudi prince or whatever. They are direct competitors. Everton as well. 

37 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

What’s best for the club? Money or west ham going down? The only logical answer here is money.

Only logical answer is West Ham going down.

They have spent £180m this season.  That’s some spending power.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Thug said:

Only logical answer is West Ham going down.

They have spent £180m this season.  That’s some spending power.

That's the thing. If they go down, they are no longer a threat to us. I'd rather deal with clubs like Norwich or Luton because they pose no direct threat. West Ham, by virtue of being a big London club, are an attractive proposition to a well heeled, aspiring owner.

We need our direct rivals like West Ham and Everton to go down and stay there a while. 

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Rather have games against the likes of West Ham than Norwich.

Rather have 3 points against the likes of Norwich.

West Ham were in a European final last year.  
Can you ever see us missing out in a player to Norwich? Or Bournemouth? Europe and London could swing a player towards West Ham though.

• Like 2

There might be a scenario where West Ham going down ends up being worth more to us than £3m, for example each place is apparently worth an extra £2.2m, so if we beat them and those three points were to end up pushing us up two or three places up the league and relegating them, then that would be worth more to us than the Ings clause, there are probably other similar scenarios.

Also West Ham going down might be more financially benificial to us in the longer run any way, as that would be a team that could potentially be a threat to our own ambitions gone, even as soon as next season a Premier League without West Ham  could potentially mean us finishing at least one place higher, so that alone would be worth much of the Ings clause.

Three million not much anyway in PL terms, I doubt the club is fretting about it, can spend that on two or three youth players with add ons, besides we've probably got that many deals going on with such clauses that they cancel each other out in one way or another, so West Ham going down might cost us £3m in one sense, but we might gain a similar amount from another one of our players if they meet some clause, but then have to owe another club money if one of the players we've brought in meets a clause, and so on.

I hope a few from West Ham, Wolves, Leeds, Everton, go down just because it would make a change from the more predictable relegations, I know Everton have been widely predicted, but them being the club they are would still make it a fascinating novelty even if expected by many, and them or any of the other three would also make the Championship more interesting next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

What’s best for the club? Money or west ham going down? The only logical answer here is money.

But at the end of the day it’s all just a game which we follow for fun and enjoyment and schadenfreude and all of those would be helped by West Ham going down far more than by being able to pay a couple of midfielders an extra £25k per week :)

5 hours ago, Thug said:

Rather have 3 points against the likes of Norwich.

West Ham were in a European final last year.  
Can you ever see us missing out in a player to Norwich? Or Bournemouth? Europe and London could swing a player towards West Ham though.

If location swings a player I’m not bothered about missing out on them, would rather see away games at the London stadium than Carrow road.

Â