Match Thread: Southampton v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

With Bailey mis-hitting or blazing over our best chances, and Ramsey twice not getting a penalty, we look a bit toothless. Watkins seems to be leggy and some wrong choices when deciding to move forwards.

This is where we bring Ings on in the second half 🤪🤪

• Haha 2

Don't think we've been bad, considering how congested it is when they have men back we haven't looked one-dimensional or out of ideas, and the pen shouts or the two big chances could've shaken out differently. Hopefully they tire rather than us getting frustrated or sloppy

Not normally a fan of the brutal Saudi-style poetic justice, but the penalty for flying a drone somewhere it's not allowed to be should definitely be having the drone shoved up your arse

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Completely dominated that half. Obvious concern for 2nd half is the lack of attacking options on the bench. 

We've got a left winger who's never played a minute of first team football if that helps?

What's the danger in bringing Young on for Bailey? Can't be much worse tbh. Certainly no more likely to stink up the place.

Gaffer is happy taking risks selling players, need to extend the risk-reward gambits to the pitch.

1 minute ago, jim said:

Look toothless upfront Watkins anonymous. 
Bonkers getting rid of Ings before a replacement was ready.

A big risk. And there's no certainty we will get a replacement in this window.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Controversially I think Ramsey initiated the contact with the defender and don’t think it was a penalty

There I said it 😂

In that case it's a caution though. You're claiming simulation, which is a booking at the least.

These refs are spineless and shit either way.

Edited by est1874

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Looking forward to the meltdown on here if Ings scores today.

He's about to come on for West Ham

I dropped Bowen in my fantasy team this week and he's on a **** hat trick

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Controversially I think Ramsey initiated the contact with the defender and don’t think it was a penalty

There I said it 😂

To me, it looked like he was trying to roll the defender to the left, after which he would have been free to get the ball. But the defender took his legs out.

3 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

There I said it 😂

Yeah he leaned into him so he could roll the defender but the defender took his standing leg out. That's a pen. 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Looking forward to the meltdown on here if Ings scores today.

He's about to come on for West Ham

Ings will always score with service good luck to him! Disagree with letting him go at this crucial time though.

Edited by birdman