Moussa Dembélé

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Ings.

I presume though he has profile to play out wide aswell so can alternate with Bailey.

Watkins can play bit wider (not on the wing) and Dembele through the middle.

Just now, PieFacE said:

I guess I should have worded my question differently as I kinda meant in our first 11 when/if he plays. 

ie, do we stick with the striker and winger combination up top, or 2 strikers? 

Dembele through the middle with Bailey and Ollie playing slightly wider / behind?  Ollie's work-rate wouldn't be lost and actually him arriving from slightly deeper might mean he's heading towards goal rather than with his back to goal and might get away a few more shots.  I actually think it will vary quite a lot depending upon who and where we are playing - i.e. are we expecting to be playing on the break or are we expecting the opposition to play deep.  It seems to be that Emery is less hung up on positions and is more worried about getting players attacking / defending space.  So it might be difficult to know for sure who is playing where.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I guess I should have worded my question differently as I kinda meant in our first 11 when/if he plays. 

You would assume Dembele will be wanting to start and in the strikers role.  Given he’ll have some other clubs as options, when he chats about projects and his role in that to various clubs he’ll be looking to be a key player and thus with Emery after him several times at different clubs you can assume he will play in the striker role, so imo it’s who then plays with him if a two.  

Looking at Emery’s past you would assume it would be Bailey based on style but hard to choose Bailey over Watkins.  It could be that all three play in some formation but then if somebody like Deulofeu also comes in adds another option.

I would assume though if Dembele comes in (maybe not initially) but he’ll be the starting striker within a couple of months.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think we will also sign another midfielder - so that we have Kamara, Luiz and ano looking to dominate the middle 3rd - which will free up the other midfielder to be a little more focused on the attacking third.  It might be that Ollie drops back more that the other two when we don't have the ball as he is pretty good at pressing - although Bailey might be "listed" as the midfielder with Dembele and Ollie up front. 

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Going by Neils stats breakdown and analysis, he's superior to both Ings and Watkins.

I'm confused as to how he seem to simultaneously be highly rated but can't get a game and is also relatively cheap though?

Had an injury to start the season and his replacement is Lacazette who has 15 goal contributions in 19 games. And obviously Lacazettes overall play is very good. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, messi11 said:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Interesting that Dembele's defensive / pressing stats are better than Ollie's.  I was expecting his attacking stats to be higher than Ollie's but hopefully he's another who will be working hard off the ball - just has a bit more composure when he has it (although having 2 CFs who don't pass the ball might be an issue).  I'm taking it with a pinch of salt because Ings has higher defensive stats than either of them but that doesn't appear to represent what we've seen on the pitch.

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Had an injury to start the season and his replacement is Lacazette who has 15 goal contributions in 19 games. And obviously Lacazettes overall play is very good. 

That's also a reminder about the difference between leagues.

At Lyon, Lacazette has 15 goal contributions in 19 games this season (11 goals). Last season Arsenal got rid of him because his numbers were awful (4 goals in 30 games).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

That's also a reminder about the difference between leagues.

At Lyon, Lacazette has 15 goal contributions in 19 games this season (11 goals). Last season Arsenal got rid of him because his numbers were awful (4 goals in 30 games).

His last season at Arsenal had 11 goal contributions, 4 of which were goals, in 30 games.

In terms of minutes apparently it was circa 1800, so an average of 60 mins per game, or the equivalent of 20 full games.

I'd certainly take that over relying on Watkins, Duran and and Bailey for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Going by Neils stats breakdown and analysis, he's superior to both Ings and Watkins.

I'm confused as to how he seem to simultaneously be highly rated but can't get a game and is also relatively cheap though?

Could be an attitude thing? 

Â