Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Duran wants to play football. It's that simple and he's not happy being stuck behind a player like Watkins who is always fit, always in form and never seems to even tire. 

Chelsea plan is to sign the best young players on long contracts and allow them all to grow together into a top side. He fits that mould 

if we're not rotating forwards next year,  including Ollie, then we shouldn't complain when we get 11 injuries in the last two months of the season.  if duran stays and continues to improve he will get starts next season.  Ollie needs to be protected as much as any key player is.  De Bruyne is rotated so we should move towards that if we're serious about Europe

1 hour ago, MarkLillis said:

This is totally true.

They have huge talent with a massive upside if they get the right manager (which they appear to have had already in place btw....don't know why he has left now!).

The only thing stopping them being serious top 4 contenders next year is a Wayne Rooney like appointment.... which i don't think they will make tbh.

Well there’s chatter of them wanting a new and upcoming coach opposed to a seasoned gaffer. The names of McKenna and Maresca have been thrown around so who knows if that will work or they’ll just end up being another Potter

Posted (edited)

Would anyone take Nic Jackson in return with some cash coming our way maybe? He had a pretty decent first season despite being meme’d a lot. He’s also worked under Emery as well and I’m sure he done well when Emery coached Villarreal

Personally I’d prefer the cash return due to FFP etc

Edited by Rustibrooks
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nabby said:

So he is wants to go be Jackson's back up then ? 

Craig Butler ( Leon's " Dad ) will have a meltdown if he goes there.

He has another player at  Chelsea ( Dujuan " Whisper " ) , a young forward, who he has wanted to be starting over some of their first teamers, he's only played for reserves so far.

Duran would push him even further down.

5 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Would anyone take Nic Jackson in return with some cash coming our way maybe? He had a pretty decent first season despite being meme’d a lot. He’s also worked under Emery as well and I’m sure he done well when Emery coached Villarreal

Don’t think he’d want to come here as a backup regardless…

Chelsea players all seem to believe their hype… they’re not all as good as they think they are.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

No i wouldn’t take him.  He could go onto being world class one day but you see too many like him that just don’t have the natural finishing instinct.  Yes he looked better second half of the season and he works hard but for what he’d be valued for in any deal I don’t think he’d be a good option for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No i wouldn’t take him.  He could go onto being world class one day but you see too many like him that just don’t have the natural finishing instinct.  Yes he looked better second half of the season and he works hard but for what he’d be valued for in any deal I don’t think he’d be a good option for us.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t think he’d want to come here as a backup regardless…

Chelsea players all seem to believe their hype… they’re not all as good as they think they are.

It’s hard to see where he’d fit in the side to be fair, maybe playing up front with Watkins? But even that I don’t think he’d suit that role at all. He’s still only 22 so he’s got a lot of time to develop and I’m sure he’s pretty versatile as well? (At least in the forward positions). I think if there’s a Chelsea player coming our way, I could see it being more Gallagher 

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Duran wants to play football. It's that simple and he's not happy being stuck behind a player like Watkins who is always fit, always in form and never seems to even tire. 

Chelsea plan is to sign the best young players on long contracts and allow them all to grow together into a top side. He fits that mould 

Wonder if he's considered he'll be behind Nkunku and Jackson at Chelsea.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Hard to say since they don't have a manager, Nkunku is never fit anyway, and he might back himself to be a starter before Jackon who is terrible.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He won't be. He'll be able to get ahead of Jackson and Nkunku isnt a 9. He's played 12 times in his career as CF 

Edited by CVByrne

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

It’s hard to see where he’d fit in the side to be fair, maybe playing up front with Watkins? But even that I don’t think he’d suit that role at all. He’s still only 22 so he’s got a lot of time to develop and I’m sure he’s pretty versatile as well? (At least in the forward positions). I think if there’s a Chelsea player coming our way, I could see it being more Gallagher 

Do they have any decent , available/affordable DMs? How’s Lavia? Returning from injury soon?

Edited by Jas10

I’ve a soft spot for Duran, but he hasn’t showed that he can play in a system. Unai’s comments about him are usually about his ability to play within the team’s structure.

Him being a maverick is sometimes useful. The unpredictability that makes him difficult to manage, is doubly dangerous for the opposition: if his teammates don’t know what he’s doing then the opposition won’t. However, most of the time, it was the system and not individual brilliance that worked so well for us last season. And while Jhon has improved in his tracking back and fitting into the shape of the team, he hasn’t showed the discipline to lead the line.

He has such natural ability and I hope he can develop into that sort of player that will work in our very structured approach. Unfortunately, I think his unpredictability will be his downfall at Villa and lead to him leaving. 

Funnily enough, I think Archer will have a similar problem.  Too much of a poacher, not enough of a thinker. 

• Like 1

He either signs a new deal under the proviso he sacks his agent otherwise he's on the market for about 50m

**** him off. He could be anything he wants but I bet he does nothing.

Â