Jhon Durán

PieFacE

On 19/01/2024 at 15:09, Jas10 said:

Annoying… too many filling his head with crap…

Stick with Unai and you’ll be fine kid, ignore the noise…

Probably why he has been so restless and unhappy about being on the bench. If he hadn't got an International call up he would be more humble and willing to learn. Now he has it in his head that he is ready for the first team and the reality is he has a lot more to learn before he can start ahead of Watkins. 

I sometimes wonder about the level of nous at PL clubs when it comes to the transfer market. West Ham surely can’t have seriously believed we would let our only other central striker go out on loan for the rest of the season?

Anyway, best of luck with Broja, guys!

On 20/01/2024 at 08:19, Mic09 said:

Because?

Because he's a kid

He's a great prospect but you can just see in his play he's still got a bit of immaturity about him both in the way that he takes on chances that aren't there and how his pressing usually results in him bumbling in to people 

"he's already at a top level" from that article... He's not, but he is exactly where he needs to be, I'd like to see more of him but the idea that he should be starting right now is daft, the idea that he should go out to Milan on loan and be starting games ahead of giroud and jovic is utter nonsense 

Clichés of walk before you can run and good things come to those that wait, I think he'll get there but he needs to relax and take his time rather than trying to force it, he's 18 months away at least from displacing Watkins as first choice starter 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

I sometimes wonder about the level of nous at PL clubs when it comes to the transfer market. West Ham surely can’t have seriously believed we would let our only other central striker go out on loan for the rest of the season?

Why not. We have previous 😃

21 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Probably why he has been so restless and unhappy about being on the bench. If he hadn't got an International call up he would be more humble and willing to learn. Now he has it in his head that he is ready for the first team and the reality is he has a lot more to learn before he can start ahead of Watkins. 

You'd hope he'd be looking at the rest of that international squad and giving his head a wobble.

With all due respect, it's Colombia. It's not like we've stuck France's #9 on the bench.

Edited by Davkaus

41 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Wonder how much the option to buy was

Would probably be £30m+ 

Anyway, we don't need to be letting anyone leave. Especially him. It's good that he's in demand though as shows the level of player we have on our hands. 

Let’s get JPA to have a word n sort him out or help with whatever’s going on…

Tbf, none of us know what the actual situation is or what Duran’s feelings are…

He just needs to be patient and work hard… getting plenty of time for a player of his age and in backup to an established PL CF like Watkins…

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Yeah but it will help unsettle him/us and almost make it be known that there is a chance.

There is a method to all this bollox as unsophisticated as it may seem on the surface.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Let’s get JPA to have a word n sort him out or help with whatever’s going on…

Tbf, none of us know what the actual situation is or what Duran’s feelings are…

He just needs to be patient and work hard… getting plenty of time for a player of his age and in backup to an established PL CF like Watkins…

I actually wondered if that's why JPA was in the country a few days ago.

I dont think he wants out except maybe he is annoyed at how the online fanbase have mainly swung against him from the get go. If Archer wasnt the other striker this wouldnt have happened

People finding the smallest thing to get offended about by Duran

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think he wants out

If a team has bid it means he wants out because he’s probably agreed terms loosely with them. 

I don’t think Villa want him here either. He’s clearly a bit of a knob. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

If a team has bid it means he wants out because he’s probably agreed terms loosely with them. 

I don’t think Villa want him here either. He’s clearly a bit of a knob. 

does he not trigger Delphinho's sexy time?

Just now, Zatman said:

Based on absolutely nothing

Funny isn’t it. Every single thread on this forum is ‘whatever Emery wants’, ‘in Emery trust’ and yet when it’s quite clearly obvious from quotes and reports that he isn’t a fan of Duran’s attitude, it’s ‘based on absolutely nothing’, and ‘there’s nothing going on with Duran’. 

Which one is it? Is it not absolutely 100% clear that the Duran thing isn’t working behind the scenes? Hence all the reports, the bids, the media reporting on him moving. 

Emery don’t like him. Therefore he can f*** off as far as I’m concerned. 

Â