Jhon Durán

PieFacE

18 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

He did well today when he came on. He was a real nuisance and almost scored. Give the kid a break. He’s only just turned 20. I was still a total bellend for most of my twenties! The kid is doing fine.

Also won 3 headers in the box vs Tarkowski and Branthwaite. 

• Like 1

Thought he did fairly well. Would like him to start next to Watkins against Chelsea.

Other than that my main observation is that he could start a fight with his shadow. You can imagine some of the issues we've had behind the scenes.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, djdabush said:

Thought he did fairly well. Would like him to start next to Watkins against Chelsea.

Other than that my main observation is that he could start a fight with his shadow. You can imagine some of the issues we've had behind the scenes.

Watkins seems to have taken the position of ignoring everything he does. Having two young ones must give him endless patience. 

I really despair at all these comments of Duran 'doing well' or 'making an impact'. Maybe we're just watching a different game or another sport entirely. The only worthwhile impact from yesterday, was that cute, little flick, that almost went on goal, and that was in over 30 minutes of pitch-time.

Apart from that moment, he was mostly running around like a headless chicken, constantly raising his arms, moaning and shouting at others. Which tbh, is his usual contribution in most games. I suppose one positive from yesterdays game, was him not getting unnecessarily booked (for the umpteenth time).  

People are also very keen to point out a weekly basis, that he has an abundance of ability. What do we mean by 'ability' these days, and where exactly is this noticeable? 

I get it, he's a 20 year old kid, from a place, a tad more exotic than Exeter, and we all want him to do well, but his actual output thus far is simply shit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's not his body language that bothers me so much, Ayew was a miserable shite. It's moaning continually at his team mates during every game that I find nauseating. He just needs to shut up and crack on instead of bitching. Being only 20 years old is no excuse for being a dickhead at work, you should have respect for your teammates, especially when you've a lot to learn yourself.

Last thing we need is players bickering with each other because if one does it more will start doing it. It's the one thing Konsa has had to cut out his game.  

He's a very promising kid, but that's it at the moment and he should not be absolved from criticism because of his age, because there are far younger players in the PL behaving more maturely.

I just can't take to him at all at the moment because I feel like he's moments away from being an idiot.

• Like 1

Our youth crop and English/European football youth players in general are surrounded by professionals from a young age their expectations are managed and presented realistically also. Duran didn’t have that luxury during his development. His temperament and body language isn’t a big worry he looks like a nightmare to play against he got in Mykolenko’s head from the minute he hit the pitch. He definitely has some growing up to do but I think everyone is reading into it a bit to much.

I am really struggling with his attitude on the pitch though honestly. There was a point in the second half where he's flailing his arms around, and lets the defender walk past him. Ollie then sprints past him to get in to position. We win the ball back and he's still throwing his arms around and not showing for the ball.

I appreciate he puts himself about a bit and we did look better after he came on. But it seems anything and everything triggers him and he loses his head.

• Like 1

He needs to learn the days of players being able to throw hissy fits are pretty much over.  Not many top clubs these days carry a striker who won't get through a lot of unselfish work for the team uncomplainingly.  Even if he is pissed off not playing much here and wants to play for a club like AC Milan, I doubt other managers will like seeing his attitude.  Hopefully he twigs it soon enough.

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I like him, we were dreadful in 2nd half until he came on and made things happen with his presence

What exactly did he 'make happen'?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Didn’t he have 3 chances on goal? I think some just don’t want to like him

Yep I feel he will be replacing Bailey as the punching bag

24 minutes ago, vreitti said:

What exactly did he 'make happen'?

He nearly scored, caused a couple of goalmouth scrambles and was bullying Mykolenko and Braithwaite and they werent enjoying it

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Didn’t he have 3 chances on goal? I think some just don’t want to like him

It is not a question of liking or disliking the player. I honestly don't even care that much about his sulking attitude, I just don't see nearly enough of an impact on the pitch.

Â