Jhon Durán

PieFacE

13 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

How does it? He seems to be a bit of a character. Maybe he’s just doing it on purpose for a bit of sport. I’ve not seen anything petulant from him. He always tries really hard.

He's an Aston villa player and it seems a bit of an "up yours". We've spent £20mill, countless hours and support to settle him in and given him plenty of opportunities to shine in a successful team.  

Hopefully we can free up some cash and get someone in who appreciates our club

• Like 1

Good talent but I remember having some questions about his on field effort earlier on and it was described as nothing. Ironically, I think he’s been way more impactful as a sub recently but if he wants to play and thinks he has a better chance elsewhere, then let’s get a good fee and a replacement and get on with it. 

Truth be told, he just won’t get that much time with Watkins available. 

14 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Good talent but I remember having some questions about his on field effort earlier on and it was described as nothing. Ironically, I think he’s been way more impactful as a sub recently but if he wants to play and thinks he has a better chance elsewhere, then let’s get a good fee and a replacement and get on with it. 

Truth be told, he just won’t get that much time with Watkins available. 

Will he get that much at Milan?  They've got better options already

For me ATM, he is a prospect that has been lucky to get the first team football he has at a Prem club. If that is not enough for him, then fine he should be moved on. The true importance of a player is if they are missing from the first team squad would I be bothered, and in all honesty my answer would be no in this case.

5 minutes ago, Adman said:

Will he get that much at Milan?  They've got better options already

Don’t think so but that’s not Villa’s problem. 

He probably has more of a chance to take over next year given Giroud’s age and contract.

20 minutes ago, Adman said:

He's an Aston villa player and it seems a bit of an "up yours". We've spent £20mill, countless hours and support to settle him in and given him plenty of opportunities to shine in a successful team.  

Hopefully we can free up some cash and get someone in who appreciates our club

Fair enough. I think you’re reading way too much into it. In my opinion we are sometimes way too quick to accuse people of stuff these days. I’d rather give him the benefit of the doubt and support him. He’s still a kid really and needs us to get behind him. I don’t think his actions are disrespectful to our great club but I appreciate your point of view.

It’ll be a big shame if this is all true. I don’t want to be too hard on the lad but in my own opinion( a bias one at that) he’s in a really favourable position as a young striker. He’s currently working with one of the best managers that is known for getting the best out of his strikers.

It could be that Emery's personality and Duran’s, just don’t mesh at all which can happen in any sort of working situation. That’s no fault on anyone, whatever the reason is hopefully we can get some more light on it soon. 

i really don't see this potential that others see. if we can make our money back on him then happy to cut ties

he wasn't an emery signing anyway, rather get someone that he wants

• Like 1

He's another Chuk at the moment for me, nothing more tbh. If Milan want him and he wants to go, I'd let them take him. 30m with a 50% cut of any profit on sale. 

Yes he's a young lad and a talent but we do not have time for pissing about with potential as back up for Ollie. We need as close to like for like as possible, and that may mean someone far more mature than a 19yr old that is unsettled. 

He reminds me a lot of Balotelli. All the talent but a bit of a loose cannon with questionable attitude. 

Like Balotelli, he can definitely be a difference maker, but whether he fulfils his promise is debatable at this stage. 

I like his potential and if he goes we should command a profit plus a big % sell on fee. We'd better also get a replacement who can start as well as affect games as Duran ain't ready for that. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Rolta said:

It would imply we're getting a replacement at least.

Only if it will add any value to the squad. So if there is nothing out there then no.

3 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Only if it will add any value to the squad. So if there is nothing out there then no.

We can't just have one striker. That would be madness.

14 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Fair enough. I think you’re reading way too much into it. In my opinion we are sometimes way too quick to accuse people of stuff these days. I’d rather give him the benefit of the doubt and support him. He’s still a kid really and needs us to get behind him. I don’t think his actions are disrespectful to our great club but I appreciate your point of view.

True, but the rumours of a fall out seem to be true if he's getting moved on too.  So with the social media stuff, that's pretty moody considering our investment in him and disrespectful to emery.  

He seems pretty immature on the pitch, so wouldn't surprise if he is off it.  Happy to support him if he wants to be here, happy to get rid of not.  No hard feelings from me

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rolta said:

We can't just have one striker. That would be madness.

Well we know the club won't just go out and buy anybody, gone are the days of bringing in a panic buy.thay adds nothing to the team. 

Duran is a raw talent, guaranteed yellow card when he comes on the pitch flashes of some talent, but maybe an attitude problem and Unai doesn't want him around casuing disruption to team harmony?

It's a shame because you can see the potential but,

If he is forcing a move , once we recoup our fee let him go, the club has gone out of its way to welcome him(thinking back to the effort that was made for his signing video).

He has disappeared during preseason. If not happy now with the season we are having and the potential of playing champions league football next season, he will never be happy here 

Â