Jhon Durán

PieFacE

3 hours ago, Risso said:

We need better back up to Watkins than either Duran or Archer. There's something about Duran, but I'd say he's every bit an unproven youth player, and if we hadn't paid such a ridiculous fee for him he'd be nowhere near the first team.

Someone needs to explain to me what this “something” is. He comes on, clatters people, has a strop and can’t hit the target. I see absolutely nothing in him. To have him as our backup instead of Archer makes zero sense. It only makes sense if you want the option to play with more of a target man but he has absolutely nothing in his locker to fulfil that role

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I like that he’s come in the last few appearances and really brought a lot of energy. Some of it a bit reckless but making things happen. 

Thats what he needs to do. 

I hate it when a sub comes in and expects the play to come to them. You have to go out and make it happen which is what Duran did for the penalty. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I like that he’s come in the last few appearances and really brought a lot of energy. Some of it a bit reckless but making things happen. 

Thats what he needs to do. 

I hate it when a sub comes in and expects the play to come to them. You have to go out and make it happen which is what Duran did for the penalty. 

Yeah, I think so too. 

I think there's something about him too, just very raw and reckless with it.  He certainly helps add physical presence up front when you want to pin a team back.   Was solely responsible for the turn around against Palace earlier in the season.

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Kick on the sole of the boot is a painful one

For the person kicking when you end up with studs in your foot. Duran fannied it imo and went over. I'm grateful but no way was he genuinely hurt. 

• Like 2

Just now, avfc1982am said:

For the person kicking when you end up with studs in your foot. Duran fannied it imo and went over. I'm grateful but no way was he genuinely hurt. 

You have to admire how fast he reacted to the contact - it was either real or Duran is just awesome

On 27/12/2023 at 09:24, Risso said:

We need better back up to Watkins than either Duran or Archer. There's something about Duran, but I'd say he's every bit an unproven youth player, and if we hadn't paid such a ridiculous fee for him he'd be nowhere near the first team.

Do you really believe he's only been playing because of his price tag? Madness.

Â