Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Moans, flaps his arms around, seems unable to stay on his feet, rolls around. Reminds me a bit of Wesley.

Thought he was poor but I have hope he will come good. Will take time though and I think a loan would help.

I think he is really likeable  . But thats football. A game of opinions. He seems far more switched on than he was last season. I agree about the loan but emery has twice decided in Jan and the summer to go with ollie and him. There must be something he sees to consider that not a huge risk. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

I think he is really likeable  . But thats football. A game of opinions. He seems far more switched on than he was last season. I agree about the loan but emery has twice decided in Jan and the summer to go with ollie and him. There must be something he sees to consider that not a huge risk. 

I don’t doubt it. I trust Emery implicitly and he’s earnt the right to do whatever the f**k he wants at this club.

Dont like Durans attitude tbh 

He was making runs tonight and nobody was picking them out. 

It happened in a conference game earlier on and he got subbed at HT. 

He's a kid with a lot of maturing to do but some of his hold up play and touches are very good. 

I like the fact he has a spiky side to him, Benteke would often moan and bitch to all around him then pluck a screamer out his ass. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

There is no middle ground with. You either totally love players or absolutely dispise them 😂

I don’t despise his ability. I think there is something there, I just don’t like the diving and the play acting and the constant moaning. 

I don’t like players like that in general. It isn’t aimed at him specifically. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t despise he has ability. I think there is something there, I just don’t like the diving and the play acting and the constant moaning. 

I don’t like players like that in general. It isn’t aimed at him specifically. 

You Must have hated Grealish then

• Haha 1

Thought he did well with the limited service he got. Had some really nice feet a couple of times. Should have been in at the end but zaniolo took too long to play the pass. Did well to get both his shots off. 

Quite a few times he dropped into soace with a clear passing lane to him from midfield or outwide and they looked him off. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

He was making runs tonight and nobody was picking them out. 

It happened in a conference game earlier on and he got subbed at HT. 

He's a kid with a lot of maturing to do but some of his hold up play and touches are very good. 

I like the fact he has a spiky side to him, Benteke would often moan and bitch to all around him then pluck a screamer out his ass. 

I'm in no way having a go at him because he's young and raw and i like him a lot but he got subbed in my view in that game because like tonight he was only playing one way, only looking to get in behind. Which he will learn if he wants to being an established number nine at this level.

• Like 1

Again, I thought Jhon Durán did well and signs of maturity. Good experience for him.

Held the ball up well at times, some nice passes, good runs, alert and got a few shots off.

Eight changes to the team didn't really help much either, it was a disjointed display from all.

14 hours ago, villa89 said:

Once again didn't get any service. Very hard to judge him in the games he's had so far. 

Hard to get service as striker if you stand still next to defender like he seemed to do most of the game. Was really stunting our build up first half as he was so easy to defend against

27 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Need a season long loan at a Championship club 

I disagree - I think being in and around the squad, getting minutes and having the benefit of elite coaches is a lot more valuable for him in his individual situation. 

36 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Hard to get service as striker if you stand still next to defender like he seemed to do most of the game. Was really stunting our build up first half as he was so easy to defend against

That’s just completely untrue. He was making loads of runs off his defender throughout the game, but it was too crowded for anyone to pick him out.

I don’t think you can judge Durán off last night’s game. It was a striker’s nightmare - especially a quick striker who is more comfortable attacking space.

He’ll have more joy coming off the bench against better sides.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Moans, flaps his arms around, seems unable to stay on his feet, rolls around. Reminds me a bit of Wesley.

Thought he was poor but I have hope he will come good. Will take time though and I think a loan would help.

Getting really boring reading this kind of take on every single thread. We’re third in the Premier League and apparently most of our squad have a shit attitude, can’t play football etc

• Like 3

Â