Jhon Durán

PieFacE

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Not made the bench today (must’ve fallen out with Emery again 😬)

I'm wondering if he really wasn't fit on Thursday but just needed to be used for squad selection for some reason?  Odd to exclude him if healthy as he's been really good in limited chances and seems to have serious potential.  Hopefully everything is all good with everything as I have high hopes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

I'm wondering if he really wasn't fit on Thursday but just needed to be used for squad selection for some reason?  Odd to exclude him if healthy as he's been really good in limited chances and seems to have serious potential.  Hopefully everything is all good with everything as I have high hopes.

He has a toe infection.

hopefully he won’t be calling Darius Vassell for treatment tips! 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

He has a toe infection.

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

He has a toe infection.

Hadn't heard that....  glad injury is this reason, and not anything else that's been rumored.  Hope he's back at it soon.  I need another Palace banger goal.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Hadn't heard that....  glad injury is this reason, and not anything else that's been rumored.  Hope he's back at it soon.  I need another Palace banger goal.

Hopefully all is okay with him (and his toe :rolleyes:)  and he is back soon.

Unai and the club are not going to go into detail about these things so probably makes sense his "toe" is the reason.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

I suspect his selection for the conference league was as much about experience as anything else. Witnessing the atmosphere, the setup, watching the play first hand, Emery able to give him in the moment thoughts.

There could have been an element of it helping for his next Visa renewal or meeting another countries visa requirements if we wanted to sell him? Although I'd guess he would be comfortably safe on thos kind of things already with the fact he's probably been used more than we originally planned after the Ings sale.

• Like 1

Someone should just point out to him that’s he’s currently playing as back up striker to a 5th position PL team and should be grateful. He won’t make the bench on the 4 teams above and neither for the next 3-4 teams beneath us , ok maybe Brenford 

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He is still a teenager. And a fiery character. Alot of growing up to do . Whatever has or hasnt happened Emery for the first time has said he can be world class if he listens and learns. Good management. 

I agree - I think this kid does have the attributes to be a great player. I do think however, he will probably have to go elsewhere, before he realises his potential.

I think he’s likely to be a slow burn to the top. But feel sure he will get there.

Seen it so many times.  Young player who looks like he's got everything required to conquer the world. Questionable attitude holds them back* 

I dearly hope he listens to Emery because he's got an opportunity to learn from a globally elite manager here. He should be grasping it with both hands and listening to everything he's told.

There is a path to greatness in front of you Jhon. Don't stray far from it. 

* I'm not saying this is the case with Jhon, just that it's a common occurrence we've all seen in football time and time again. 

• Like 1

Â