Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Friends of mine think he's really good. And In an ordinary world, if he comes in when there is a new moon on monday and he's hungry like the wolf, and he's got the reflex I don't see how he can come undone. Serious... he could be notorious and take over planet earth! Is there something I should know? If there is, please please tell me now. 

I'll get me coat 🙃

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It was initially very positive. Then it just fell off a cliff.

Why? I'm listening to podcast interviewing English guy who is South American football journalist and he speaks very highly of Duran 

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why? I'm listening to podcast interviewing English guy who is South American football journalist and he speaks very highly of Duran 

Armchair experts here seem to consider a slapdash 2 minute YouTube video enough to label him the next Jordan Bowery. No joke. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I remember thinking'what have we done' when I saw benteke on his debut. Little did I know he would become a legendary forward for us! 

Benteke's debut was a short cameo against Swansea where he looked a beast, bullied defenders and scored by lobbing the keeper and touching home with a deft touch.

Surely you didn't think that then?

20 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Two minutes of some randomer's YouTube video and that's all we need to write off a clearly highly rated young kid from Colombia who's been linked to plenty of big clubs. 

No one has written anyone off, it just seems like a shot in dark from us based on the evidence we have. 

What do you see in him that makes you think he is worth the gamble, his age , his pace, his heading ability all look good but the sample size is so small it seems like a long odds gamble. His international career , even at youth level is unremarkable.

Fair enough taking a punt but this seems like the longest odds one we have ever taken. Unless i have missed something? 

• Like 2

Just now, tinker said:

No one has written anyone off, it just seems like a shot in dark from us based on the evidence we have. 

What do you see in him that makes you think he is worth the gamble, his age , his pace, his heading ability all look good but the sample size is so small it seems like a long odds gamble. His international career , even at youth level is unremarkable.

Fair enough taking a punt but this seems like the longest odds one we have ever taken. Unless i have missed something? 

Yeah you've missed the fact that actual football scouts don't just watch a two minute YouTube video and imagine that's all the evidence you need to make a judgement. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, May-Z said:

Benteke's debut was a short cameo against Swansea where he looked a beast, bullied defenders and scored by lobbing the keeper and touching home with a deft touch.

People were calling Benteke a flop with only 5 goals by end of December then he scored another 14 that season

10 minutes ago, May-Z said:

I was sat in the lower north and said to my mate that he reminded me of a young Drogba. Let's hope this lad does too in a Villa shirt!

5 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

A 1 in 4 striker in the MLS. Hmm. I won't be getting excited let's put it that way. It's Jordan Bowery, Simon Dawkins, Jean Makoun levels of meh...

Really needed a proven, quality striker. 

This isn't it.

He averaged 0.53 goals per 90. 

31 minutes ago, tinker said:

I keep an eye on MLS and had not really heard of him. It's not like he is a Alfonso Davies or Miguel Almiron who were established young stars in the league. Thus the 14M seems quite high for an unproven product. If we paid a few million more, probably could have gotten a solid player ready to contribute to the squad right away.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, burchy said:

Needs an extra line but liked this one on Twitter (apologies if already posted)

Got the other line in for yah..

Jhon Duran Duran.... 

He's Villas Columbian....

Have a line and you'll be a fan..

Jhon Duran Duran

Â