Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, TomC said:

Something in his lumbering gait reminds me of Savo Milosevic...which to me is good, because I always liked Savo.

I noticed the same thing in the videos that you did...the accuracy of his headers was impressive. Of course, who knows how many he missed that the video didn't show, but the ones that he hit in the video were difficult.

A tall, big guy who's difficult to dislodge and who can head the ball will give our strikeforce something that we currently lack. Many people around here have complained that we put all kinds of crosses but that neither Ings or Watkins is good in the air. This is what we need.

Also, some have said that Ings has been at his best when playing off another striker. I could see a Duran-Ings partnership working very well, certainly better than Watkins-Ings.

Glad to see Purslow pull off another quiet transfer stunner. I have a good feeling about this one. Too bad that we're going to have to wait until the end of his tournament to see him in the Villa shirt.

stop it.....you tease.

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is a low risk signing really. In relative terms it’s not a huge amount of money so If for whatever reason he didn’t work out it wouldn’t be the end of the world. 

........just the end of his world.

He has a great opportunity to learn his trade, in a superb environment....its all down to him.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I don’t think we have the FFP clout to drop  £18m on someone to then loan out 

I’d guess he will hang around the first team , learn how Emery wants him to play and get a few cameo roles here and there  and then be let loose properly next season 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think he'll be loaned out, be a bit of a shock to the System, MLS straight in to the Prem surely.

I think he will be part of the squad and play a good bit between now and the end of the season. Then in the summer Ings will be moved on and Duran Duran will be competing with Ollie to start in the first XI

He is 2 months younger than Carney. This is one of those calculated risks for sure. He might totally plateau but they are obviously seeing some really promising underlying stats. His highlghts arent that impressive apart from the shooting which looks great.  But he doesnt technically look anywhere near what Cam Archer has shown at the moment. 

I am happy we have bought him as it is the first purchase under Lange that hasnt been the bleedin obvious. But we will have to take our time with him.  He is no Haaland thats for sure at the moment . 

40 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I don’t think we have the FFP clout to drop  £18m on someone to then loan out 

I’d guess he will hang around the first team , learn how Emery wants him to play and get a few cameo roles here and there  and then be let loose properly next season 

This won’t affect our FFP too much. Will be about £2.7m per year for his fee, and I imagine his wage will be low, perhaps £20k, so we’re looking at about £4m max FFP per year. 

I’m happy with this signing, it’s the exact sort of thing I want us to do. He might end up being poor, but it’s a calculated risk. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seems to be a step up in level for our youngster/prospect recruitment given his age, a bit like Carney going to Chelsea - not expected to make an impact but earmarked for blooding in the first team squad while he develops. He’s two years younger than Cameron Archer for context, but he highly regarded as a player at his age. Well done guys, he looks a real athlete - big, quick, strong, confident and seems happy to lash it in when 1v1 whereas not everyone is, but the clips are against defences that seem wide open. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He is 2 months younger than Carney. This is one of those calculated risks for sure. He might totally plateau but they are obviously seeing some really promising underlying stats. His highlghts arent that impressive apart from the shooting which looks great.  But he doesnt technically look anywhere near what Cam Archer has shown at the moment. 

I am happy we have bought him as it is the first purchase under Lange that hasnt been the bleedin obvious. But we will have to take our time with him.  He is no Haaland thats for sure at the moment . 

so its a lange signing thought emery was going to be backed

1 minute ago, beachboys1 said:

I am sure he is being backed.  Lange would have presented to emery . And emery could say yes or no. What i meant more was that we are finally scouting properly and flexing our financial muscle. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

Smith said he made suggestions about transfers but wasn't responsible. We moved to DOF model with NWSE. Why do people keep saying manager responsible for transfers

Â