Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

2 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Be interested to see if he plays tonight for Marseille. I guess that will be the sign.

He 100% will it's a crucial game against Monaco. Win and they're 8 points clear of them on a healthy goal difference. Gives them huge chance for making CL. Even if he's a possible to join us this window he'll play tonight.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He 100% will it's a crucial game against Monaco. Win and they're 8 points clear of them on a healthy goal difference. Gives them huge chance for making CL. Even if he's a possible to join us this window he'll play tonight.

It’s a risk though if he knows he’s joining us…a slight injury and the transfer is off.  Jackson loses his transfer because of his injury, Deulofeu to Villa because his injury (if he was going to join us).  Some players back out of games if they know they are off soon and some players don’t.  This is all assuming he’s coming to us and if the deal is anywhere near close.  Maybe it’s all just speculation and there isn’t anything going on now as it died a week or two ago.  

He will play tonight. How he reacts at full time will be most telling. A quick thanks and down the tunnel, or a long walk around saying goodbye.

Apparently Fabrizio has said we still haven't bid yet. Could be waiting until Ounahi is official at Marseille, he's having his medical today.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes. Just have to wait and see.

Either he's not our top priority or there's a pretty strict line from NSWE or Purslow about how much money needs to be freed up before any new moves in will be sanctioned.

Fine with either as you'd hope Ings, Guilbert, Bednarek, Sanson, Augustinsson being moved on would open up a fair bit of cash.

Not much else that can be realistically moved on except Nakamba that won't need an immediate replacement anyway

Edited by HalfTimePost

38 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Either he's not our top priority or there's a pretty strict line from NSWE or Purslow about how much money needs to be freed up before any new moves in will be sanctioned.

Fine with either as you'd hope Ings, Guilbert, Bednarek, Sanson, Augustinsson being moved on would open up a fair bit of cash.

Not much else that can be realistically moved on except Nakamba that won't need an immediate replacement anyway

Augustinsson is still with us (just about). Even though Emery has spoke about him returning to his parent club. 

But with Ings, Bednarek, Guilbert and Sanson being offski that's £240k per week (at a conservative estimate) saved.  More with Archer being away on loan as well.

£13.5 million saved per year just with that little lot, so FFP shouldn't be an issue - not that it seems to bother other clubs anyway. 

11 minutes ago, RichW said:

If there is any truth to this, guess we will find out how interested Villa really are….

Didn’t Moyes basically say West Ham are basically done in the January window yesterday and the only reason they did any business to bring in Ings was due to Scamacca injury. He mentioned they spent all their money in the summer that they intended to this season so I can’t imagine any truth in this.  Maybe Guendouzi’s agent using West Ham into scaring us to do something if there is any truth we haven’t bid yet.

Edited by nick76

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Didn’t Moyes basically say West Ham are basically done in the January window yesterday and the only reason they did any business to bring in Ings was due to Scamacca injury. He mentioned they spent all their money in the summer that they intended to this season so I can’t imagine any truth in this.  Maybe Guendouzi’s agent using West Ham into scaring us to do something if there is any truth we haven’t bid yet.

I don’t think I’ve seen Moyes say that but didn’t they bid like £25 million for another striker, I’m guessing there’s money there to spend. It probably is agent talk though.

• Like 1

Â