Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

On 27/01/2023 at 14:10, MrBlack said:

My assumption is he will, and that is probably what the delay is over. Its a huge game for them, against the team below them in the league. Marseille are 5 points off the top spot and it's a must win for them. 

If he doesn't play I'll honestly be shocked.

Quoting myself because of some of the melodramatics in here.

He was always starting. This means nothing.

If we want him, he was always going to transfer after this game given we've not played for over a week and dont have a game for another 4. If we don't want him or he doesn't want to come to us, then its irrelevant.

Changes absolutely nothing that he's playing.

You might be able to read something from his post match/ sub reaction,  but even then probably not.

• Like 1

Well, if you wanted to try and infer something from the body language, i can think of a few possible reasons:

Likely: He's having an off day, as are most of the other players by the look of it. 

Possible: Guendouzi transfer is agreed and his heart isn't in it.

Least likely: Guendouzi is pissed off at being denied a transfer.

Edited by MrBlack

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I can’t believe how bad Marseille look!  

Same mate, it’s not just Guendouzi that doesn’t look interested, it’s the whole team to be fair. I’ve seen plenty of performances from us like this mind over the years 😢

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1

Just now, WHY said:

Same mate, it’s not Guendouzi that doesn’t look interested, it’s the whole team to be fair. I’ve seen plenty of performances from us like this mind over the years 😢

They've made a fair few signings havent they? Wonder if there's some fearing lots of change.

• Like 1

He’s playing a lot higher than I thought he would be. Just seen the last 15mins of the half… he jumped around a bit but I don’t think he touched the ball once…

Edited by Tayls

1 minute ago, JayVTID said:

Guendouzi is getting absolutely cooked by Marseille fans on Twitter. They're wondering if his head has been turned. 😂

At least that suggests this isn't his usual performance levels. First time I've watched him since he left Arsenal and it isn't pretty viewing 😉

59 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Didn't we sign Milner the day after he played up front for Newcastle against us in a midweek cup game?

I think he played against Coventry and scored, he gave a half hearted celebration .

Hope Guendouzi does the same tonight 😉

• Thanks 1

Â