Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

Just seen a Google report from a wet Spam site crying because we are signing Guendouzi and they are signing no one. 

Do they know more than we do? 🤔

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just seen a Google report from a wet Spam site crying because we are signing Guendouzi and they are signing no one. 

Do they know more than we do? 🤔

They are west ham fans surely you just answered your own question there.

• Haha 1

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

They are west ham fans surely you just answered your own question there.

Well they did win the World Cup in 1966, so you never know. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

"Still no official bid” according to Fabrizio Romano.  

If that's true, it doesn't look like this one will happen this window.

Shame, I'd love to have him, but I think we are in more need of one or two forwards.

39 minutes ago, BigJim said:

"Still no official bid” according to Fabrizio Romano.  

If that's true, it doesn't look like this one will happen this window.

Shame, I'd love to have him, but I think we are in more need of one or two forwards.

That tweet is 2 weeks old..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Guendouzi will mean that Meatball no longer starts, right? 

Absolutely. But, maybe that’s the case anyway when everyone is fit and available. Unless his form and performances exceed his competition… 

But, I think when he does play it will continue to be where he’s better suited, in the forward areas. I think his ability to press and steal the ball will be really useful there too…

Thank Unai for being the first manager to recognise something that many of us fans were already aware of and address the midfield balance at the same time. Many of us were crying out for that Luiz & Kamara partnership too, I’m excited to see how much we improve if Guendouzi is added to the mix.

Just a couple of ways that demonstrate what a difference having a top class manager makes.

Like all of our players, we’ll see a better version of him under this manager’s tutelage and there will be less need to moan about or criticise (also found myself laying off people like John, since Unai arrived, he’s a valuable member of the squad if utilised correctly) certain players.

There’s already been an improvement in most of them in such a short time (and others have or may yet be found to be not quite “cut out” for the standards Unai is looking to set going forwards). I think Mings and Konsa have been great, for example. A poor manager can give even good players the jitters, good to see Ezri “back on it” now.

They’ve sorely needed some competition too… too many have been assured of a starting spot regardless of form… good to see this changing and it will continue and accelerate…

I also wonder about JJ… will he continue in midfield or find himself playing further forward too? Interesting and exciting to see how he develops under this manager. It will be excellent got us to finally have a good squad and some viable options… we can make effective changes from the bench…

Guendouzi would be an excellent signing and demonstrate how we will improve and have more success with a higher quality of player at the manager’s disposal. Could/should help raise the standards of others too…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

At the very least it'll be interesting to see his reaction tonight, as he'll likely be asked

If he plays it straight and is non committal about his future it's on. If he's emotional and talks about how much he's enjoyed his time at the club etc it could still be on. 

If he flat out says he's not going anywhere and it's just speculation so be it. 

Â