Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You obviously just skipped.to the last page of the thread.

Romano and various sources have commented on the Guendozi interest and movememt.

Didn't see anyone comment on his bowel activity 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

And if it's goid enough for you, it's goid enough for me.

(Above from Luiz Henrique thread)

3 hours ago, Adman said:

Closer than close. Closer than you ever can imagine. Close

I'm a big fan of 90's song lyrics making their way into the threads.  Can we do this instead of fish puns for a while?

Edited by MrBlack

11 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

The player we thought OM we're signing to replace Guendouzi looks to be having the deal hijacked by Torino, putting OM (and maybe us) back to square one

Are Torino the Italian Spurs?

It doesn't feel like we'll be signing another player this window. Maybe a forward on Loan might be brought in. Realistically getting top 7 ahead of Liverpool or Chelsea is unlikely. The top 5 are proper in CL mix and aren't dropping to 8th. So there is no desperate need to make signings this window if they're not the right price. I'd like to see what Emery can do with what we've got and we'll have more evidence for summer of how good certain players really are. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Are Torino the Italian Spurs?

Why dont we just cut out the middle man and sign Ilic ourselves, well only be trying for him in 12months anyway for £50M

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

It doesn't feel like we'll be signing another player this window. Maybe a forward on Loan might be brought in. Realistically getting top 7 ahead of Liverpool or Chelsea is unlikely. The top 5 are proper in CL mix and aren't dropping to 8th. So there is no desperate need to make signings this window if they're not the right price. I'd like to see what Emery can do with what we've got and we'll have more evidence for summer of how good certain players really are. 

Exactly. 

Let's cut the squad down now, let a couple more go in the Summer and have a bit of a rebuild of the first XI in the Summer window and go all guns blazing for next season. 

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Be interested to see if he plays against Monaco tomorrow.

My assumption is he will, and that is probably what the delay is over. Its a huge game for them, against the team below them in the league. Marseille are 5 points off the top spot and it's a must win for them. 

If he doesn't play I'll honestly be shocked.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I agree on not getting a player with only a short term view. But if there was a chance getting a player for a long term view (with benefiting from him before the end of season with our outside chance of Europe then why not? 
Guendouzi is only 23 years old. He could still have a resale value. He plays in a position with a lot of rotation that can happen. Strangely midfield is our strongest area right now but adding quality to that won’t harm us at all. 
If we can get some players now instead of summer then why not. I don’t think Ings leaving was planned but the offer was hard to refuse. So from that perspective if the difference in price is low then why won’t we just get the player now. There is no guarantee that other teams won’t try and get him next summer? 

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

What does it say?

Unai Emery insists on the signing of the French midfielder.

The last week of the winter market can be decisive for the future of Matteo Guendouzi's career. Aston Villa wants to reinforce the centre of the field after Sanson's departure to Strasbourg. Despite the fact that the former of the villains did not count for the Spanish coach, the core of the English team does not have many troops. 6 players can play naturally in that area. A place in the countryside where Unai Emery likes that there is a lot of mobility, in addition to different resources.

The Spanish coach is insisting a lot on this signing, he is a player who has been following for a long time and considers that his hiring is indispensable for his idea of play, as was the signing of Álex Moreno. The player would be delighted to return to the Premier League, after his failed stage at Arsenal and the situation right now is in the hands of the two teams.

Aston Villa and Marseille will have to agree to close the transfer. Guendouzi's contract ends in the summer of 2025.

• Thanks 1

Â