Harry Maguire

maqroll

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Don't see how he fits into the high line we're now playing every match.

Mings is much quicker on the turn than he is.

I agree and I don’t think it’s happening.  Just silly some people criticising parts of his game that are good for some unknown reason.  But the high line game that Emery sometimes plays he doesn’t work and he easily gets turned by defenders.  He does bring the ball out well and is dominant in both boxes.  I don’t think we are interested in him because of what you mentioned.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Luke Shaw played LCB for last three games and they've kept three clean sheets (probably more due to Casemiro). If Luke Shaw is playing ahead of you out of position it's time to move on.

Don't Leicester want him back with all the goals they concede from corners?

Good point actually, he’s not getting game time 

19 minutes ago, useless said:

There's no talk about this on Man Utd forum whatsoever, the only thing I can find is one of their fans speculating that we might be interested because Arsenal tried to sign him when Emery was their manager, but that was posted in the middle of last week, not as a reaction to these rumours.

Couldn't that some kind of "Hush, if we don't talk about it might happen. Don't jinx this!"? 

I'm quite underwhelmed by this rumour. I mean, he's not bad but IMO he's not better than what we have. I definetely prefer Mings. 

And I love it when he plays for manure. He's gone worse egety season and I find it hilarious so I really hope he stays.

Very much doubt this rumour, but are they really playing golf in January?  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sne said:

Any reason why Man U would sell Maguire in January? They are rather thin at CB as it is.

If they've had a stupidly good offer for one of their many bad players they don't want...

The only way I'm interested in this is if we're changing formation.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sne said:

Any reason why Man U would sell Maguire in January? They are rather thin at CB as it is.

And why would Maguire come here? It's funny, our fans are turning our nose up at him, but he'll have to think he's good enough to be playing for clubs in european competition. He's nearly 30, he's not joining here for "the project", he's probably got one more contract in him

Close to 0% chance of this being a story based in fact

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If they've had a stupidly good offer for one of their many bad players they don't want...

The only way I'm interested in this is if we're changing formation.

Has Emery ever played 3-5-2/3-4-3 anywhere? Arsenal and Villareal were always back 4s under him I think but could be wrong.

49 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Well this guy is pretty spot on in the past if he is insinuating that there is something in it with Villa and Maguire. If this is a thing, my hope is it’s just a loan until the summer when we can better address the position with DC back and likely more options at play. I’d have no problem with that. 

Defenders can play into their late 30s, so his age doesn't bother me. There's some quality there, anyone suggesting otherwise is wrong. He's got a clanger in him, but maybe outside the glaring lights and circus of Manchester United, he'd clean up those mental errors. The only thing concerning me is wages and even though he's a decent player, I'm hoping we sign someone a little younger and better than Maguire, with better sell-on value.

23 minutes ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

Can’t post the screenshot as it’s bigger than allowed size but looks like he was at Le Reve in Lichfield last night

You mean the photo posted about 2 pages back? 

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Odds are getting even shorter! I think this is happening. Loan with option to buy.

Bookies know nothing. They're just adjusting their odds as people suck up the Twitter rumours and place bets. The only single thing you know that's happening from that is that lots of people are placing bets. You think thousands are all in the know?

I don't love this signing, but I also don't hate it. If it happens he'll be our best CB by a mile, so it's not a negative outside of the ridicule we'll probably get for signing him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Bookies know nothing. They're just adjusting their odds as people suck up the Twitter rumours and place bets. The only single thing you know that's happening from that is that lots of people are placing bets. You think thousands are all in the know?

No but as I sad I’ve never seen odds drop this low and it not happen. They will be suspended soon.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No but as I sad I’ve never seen odds drop this low and it not happen. They will be suspended soon.

Pretty sure we've had loads of transfer rumours go to silly odds and not happen. 

Frankly I'm more worried the mods haven't closed the thread. They know something for sure. He's as good a signed. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Pretty sure we've had loads of transfer rumours go to silly odds and not happen. 

Frankly I'm more worried the mods haven't closed the thread. They know something for sure. He's as good a signed. 

I’ve never seen it go to 1.17 and not happen ever. 

We’ll see.

Â