Harry Maguire

maqroll

The amount of red and yellow cards he'd pick up playing for a club like Villa compared to at Manure would be hilarious (as long as it's not actually at Villa). He's been so protected by the refs and most of that goes away if he moves. Him still playing for England might help him for a while but boy would he get exposed.

This would fall into the Emile Heskey, Steve Bruce, Danny Drinkwater category for me.

£190k/w ffs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, av1 said:

All this because some dickhead pundit said he’d be a good fit for us. 

Someone has posted a photo on Twitter of someone who looks like him in a pub which people have replied is the Fig and Olive near BMH. The betting odds are presumably down to loads now lumping money on it on the basis of a couple of rumours.

2 hours ago, av1 said:

All this because some dickhead pundit said he’d be a good fit for us. 

There are pictures circulating online of him at a bar near the training ground (as mentioned above).  But the Belfry is also nearby. Maybe (hopefully) he was just on a golfing day out with mates. He lived in Leicester before, so would be familiar with the area etc. 

If it is transfer related, hope it's Leicester taking him back rather than us getting involved. 

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Explaining the pics better

Why's he got his hat on indoors?

Reminds me of a tale of a Sergeant Major chastising a young soldier at some Royal event in Westminster Cathedral, who'd forgotten to remove his beret. "Take your hat off in the house of the Lord...word removed".

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, blandy said:

Disguise of course! Nobody knows it’s him with that hat on. 

Imagine if we did sign him, Southgate would absolutely lose his nut. 

• Haha 1

For the right price and wages, it would be a decent deal.. I think. 

Maguire, Konsa, Mings and Carlos is a decent 4 to pick from for those 2 centre half positions.

Really can’t see it. Also, his agent isn’t in that photo and betting odds are a complete nonsense. Very rare to see it go as low as 1/5 on these things though.

👀

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blandy said:

Reminds me of a tale of a Sergeant Major chastising a young soldier at some Royal event in Westminster Cathedral, who'd forgotten to remove his beret. "Take your hat off in the house of the Lord...word removed".

He seems to wear it a lot when he's out. He was sat next to my manager a few weeks ago in a Wacky Warehouse in Manchester with a cap on a few weeks ago. 

Thinking about it, I should get a copy of that photo and say it was taken in the one in Fradley or something. Get loads of 'clout' on social media.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

For the right price and wages, it would be a decent deal.. I think. 

Maguire, Konsa, Mings and Carlos is a decent 4 to pick from for those 2 centre half positions.

Really can’t see it. Also, his agent isn’t in that photo and betting odds are a complete nonsense. Very rare to see it go as low as 1/5 on these things though.

👀

Not really a fan of Maguire but he was really good at Leicester and the start at Man U.  Has lost his way for Man U but still reasonable for England. Very good defender but can get easily turned but dominant in the air at both ends of the pitch.  

As I say I’m not a massive fan but he’s at least as good as what we have but he would be very expensive with fee and wages, not youthful but if Emery wants him then I’d be 100% supportive.

I don’t see anything in this link, at best I think it’s just him out for dinner and coincidentally close to Villa proximity, nothing more.  I’m sure there are many players that have eaten in the Birmingham area for various reasons.

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'd be amazed if there was anything in this. 

The funny thing is we have a new manager and have no idea what he’s going to do in terms of acquisitions.  He does like defenders to come out with the ball and Maguire does that and he likes dominating defenders and Maguire does that.  I don’t see it either but it’s not out of the realm of players he utilises.

• Like 1

Â