Lee Kang-in

Delphinho123

Interesting player.

He's been talked about for a while in La Liga. Was on fringes for Valencia first team for a few seasons without ever properly breaking through but now playing every week at Mallorca.

Actually scored v Valencia a few months ago but only 2 goals in 15 games this season and 1 in 30 games last season so he's not a prolific scorer by a long long way.

Did he play much in world cup or has he still to establish himself in South Korea side?

Off topic for this thread but I remember Muriqi's name being floated a few seasons back when we'd just come up and he was looking good in one Kosovo game v England.

Bar Lazio his scoring record at most clubs is pretty good and has 8 in just 13 games for Mallorca so far. Still only 28 so if Ings is being moved out that seems a safer move than just going for a young player who dosen't score much.

Heard of him years ago when he was a top prospect at valencia, not sure how he went from a teenager playing in the CL for them linked with a host of top teams to playing for mallorca

I'm sure on FM he was one of about 4 must sign players from valencia, maybe torres, gaya and soler too, thats the kind of youth group he was with and still making noise... Then just went to nothing

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Heard of him years ago when he was a top prospect at valencia, not sure how he went from a teenager playing in the CL for them linked with a host of top teams to playing for mallorca

I'm sure on FM he was one of about 4 must sign players from valencia, maybe torres, gaya and soler too, thats the kind of youth group he was with and still making noise... Then just went to nothing

He’s only 21. You make it sound like he’s Theo Walcott 🤣

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Kubo's the more highly rated of the two Asian young guns in La Liga. Pretty sure he was at Mallorca the other season on loan and now at Real Sociedad but had injuries so progress has stalled.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I was wondering if it was him.  I trust Emery to get the right guy in for what he wants to build.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

He’s only 21. You make it sound like he’s Theo Walcott 🤣

Yeah he was playing first team football for them at 17, wiki says youngest Korean player ever to play in europe, played CL at 18, held loads of youngest player records there, won the world cup golden ball, was the Asian young player of the year ... And then left for mallorca on a free transfer

There's something weird about it

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah he was playing first team football for them at 17, wiki says youngest Korean player ever to play in europe, played CL at 18, held loads of youngest player records there, won the world cup golden ball, was the Asian young player of the year ... And then left for mallorca on a free transfer

There's something weird about it

You could be right. Says on Wiki he terminated his contract by mutual consent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Maybe he could be like Martin Odegaard - hyped up at a very young age and expected to set the world alight as a teenager, only to get labelled as a flop at 19-20 but then starts to realise the potential a bit later on. I guess Grealish was similar, kind of disappeared for a few years and looked to be going nowhere in his career before it all suddenly clicked for him aged 22 or 23 and suddenly become a completely different beast when we were in the Championship.

Certainly this transfer rumour has piqued my interest the most, could be a really interesting one a wonderkid just as they're possibly about to start kicking on to the next phase of their career.

• Like 1

Just now, Tayls said:

Fair. Interesting sign….might be something in the link…

Original report says he's "90% going to leave". To whom is a different question. I wouldn't be surprised if other clubs express interest.

Â