Lee Kang-in

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Talented but raw. 

Emery would have to improve him a lot to make him a better option than Buendia IMO.

Agreed that both he and Moleiro look raw. Might it be we bring them both in and send them on loan for a season? 

Not sure, but don’t think either are starting for us if they’re brought in. 

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah he was playing first team football for them at 17, wiki says youngest Korean player ever to play in europe, played CL at 18, held loads of youngest player records there, won the world cup golden ball, was the Asian young player of the year ... And then left for mallorca on a free transfer

There's something weird about it

16 hours ago, duke313 said:

You could be right. Says on Wiki he terminated his contract by mutual consent.

I looked further into the circumstances surrounding his contract termination, and it seems it was down to La Liga rules that state clubs are only allowed five non-EU players, and only allowed to name three in a match day squad. Valencia wanted to make room for other non-EU players, and apparently Lee wasn’t happy due to lack of game time, so the decision was made to terminated his contract. Apparently it was seen as a very controversial decision at the time.

There could be more to it and reasons as to why he wasn’t just sold, though I also read he rejected offers that came in for him, leaving them with little choice.

• Like 1

Plenty of Korean food and BBQ in Birmingham for Lee Kang-In to enjoy. My favourite Is Asia Asia. Excellent Bibimbap with a egg on top. Topokki gone abit down hill, they need to give it a clean. Also have Miss Korea and Seoul Kitchen. Itaewon and 2 have Moseley opened up recently. Welcome to the Villa 🇰🇷

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Plenty of Korean food and BBQ in Birmingham for Lee Kang-In to enjoy. My favourite Is Asia Asia. Excellent Bibimbap with a egg on top. Topokki gone abit down hill, they need to give it a clean. Also have Miss Korea and Seoul Kitchen. Itaewon and 2 have Moseley opened up recently. Welcome to the Villa 🇰🇷

You fascinate me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Hasn’t done it yet but mandatory service is 21 months there. He has to do it before he’s 28 so he’s got awhile but if he accomplishes something that puts South Korea in a positive light (I.e. Son captaining the national team to an Asian Games title) then he could have it knocked down to much less. Son’s was reduced to just 4 weeks.

Thanks - I'm aware of Son's situation but it's obviously pretty unusual and you can't bank on winning a continental title. Unfortunately this is always a concern with signing Korean players, and it's something we would need to bear in mind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Good points, but if you like Korean food the best I've found in the Midlands so far is Jinseon BBQ in Coventry (it even got a write-up from Jay Rayner in the Guardian, but it's normal restaurant prices). 

• Like 1

Translated:

'Lee Kang-in The starting price is 15M € , variables included. Aston Villa is attentive, but it is not the best placed team: today, the club coached by Emery has other priorities. Mallorca, awaiting official offers.'

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Translated:

'Lee Kang-in The starting price is 15M € , variables included. Aston Villa is attentive, but it is not the best placed team: today, the club coached by Emery has other priorities. Mallorca, awaiting official offers.'

Sounds like we have no funds

Â