Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

13 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I was thinking the same Digne has played really well so far, but it seems like having Moreno on the bench is having a negative effect on him ?

I think it’s playing every single minute of every game which is having a negative effect on him. He needs a rest.

1 hour ago, ChesterDad said:

I was thinking the same Digne has played really well so far, but it seems like having Moreno on the bench is having a negative effect on him ?

Dinge is good but he lacks something attacking wise. His shots are ok but most of his crosses aren’t good. Moreno adds a different dimension to our game. But at certain games Dinge would still be very important. Good to have both.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Dinge is good but he lacks something attacking wise. His shots are ok but most of his crosses aren’t good. Moreno adds a different dimension to our game. But at certain games Dinge would still be very important. Good to have both.

He’s put some fantastic crosses in this season, he’s on 5 assists and would have had more had it not been for poor finishing. Moreno managed 3 assists in 19 last season. 
Moreno is a good player but he’s seems to get better every week he’s not playing.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jim said:

He’s put some fantastic crosses in this season, he’s on 5 assists and would have had more had it not been for poor finishing. Moreno managed 3 assists in 19 last season. 
Moreno is a good player but he’s seems to get better every week he’s not playing.

Three of those were against Hibs in fairness. And I'm sure Moreno would have had more than three if not for poor finishing also. Moreno's cutbacks are insanely accurate, and he's so good at getting into the positions to make them as well.

3 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Think he needs some minutes to get him firing for a very busy December. Perhaps the thought is to give him another 2 weeks recovery and training time to get him up to scratch. Can see him starting against Legia with Cash, Konsa and Lenglet. 

Little chance we're going to throw him into Spurs with 0 minutes since late May.

Last two europa games chance for him to get some minutes and then he'll get a chance in the prem over xmas you suspect.

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

And I'm sure Moreno would have had more than three if not for poor finishing also.

Same obviously applies to Digne though, Diaby should have scored today as the most recent example. Agreed that Moreno’s dribbling gives us an extra dimension 

• Like 2

On 12/11/2023 at 21:40, abdulaziz1 said:

I've never seen a statement about a footballer that I disagree more with. He is quite possibly the best crosser in our squad, one of the best in the Premier League!

Edited by Monkeypuzzle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

I've never seen a statement about a footballer that I disagree more with. He is quite possibly the best crossed in our squad, one of the best in the Premier League!

Agreed his crossing is definitely one thing you can't be critical of 

On 12/11/2023 at 21:40, abdulaziz1 said:

Hi Abdulaziz1 I think the bit about his crosses is wrong.. but Moreno is great especially combined with JJ

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've mentioned in a few match threads, that what we really miss is his pace and unpredictability.

Digne is good, but I can't help but think sometimes, for example,  a ball over the top which Digne couldn't get to before a defender " Moreno would have got that ", or against faster attackers I've seen Digne have headstarts and get outpaced.

Moreno also has that little x factor of skill and trickery which can create things out of nothing.

Also used his pace to make some HUGE last ditch tackles for us last season as well!

agree with this entirely.

Digne is decent for the stand and deliver type of play, but Moreno's dynamism, progressive play, direct running, pretty skilful for a left back, causes huge issues down the left with his pace and directness, just an entirely different level of player imo.

im not saying Digne hasnt done well for us, especially recently, but even against Fulham, the amount of times i saw Digne receive the ball with acres of space in front of him down the left, and he didnt (obviously couldnt) just road runner it down the left and be direct and dangerous like Moreno usually would have done.

cant wait to see Moreno back.

3 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

I've never seen a statement about a footballer that I disagree more with. He is quite possibly the best crosser in our squad, one of the best in the Premier League!

I’m not talking about set pieces or so, I mean, well not crossing high balls in particular but sending dangerous one. With Moreno you could see the difference. I’m not sure what it’s called but similar to Bailey’s assist to Watkins the other day. Most of Dinge and even Cash aren’t good ones. Some are actually bad. Wether it’s ability or decision making or both I’m not sure. 

Â