Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I like him a lot!

I don’t know if anyone noticed but Emery was having a go at Moreno a few times in the 2nd half.

It just proves how well he can play for us but the standards of UE are still very high.

In fairness it might be a language familiarity thing too. Unai might communicate differently / more freely and expressively with the Spanish speaking players than non-.

• Like 1

A lot of good performances all around today, but Moreno seemed to be involved in everything in attack and defense.  Fantastic signing who continues to impress.  He's integral to our attacking play and it'll be very interesting when we're able to get a consistent threat down the right next season to complement.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KMitch said:

A lot of good performances all around today, but Moreno seemed to be involved in everything in attack and defense.  Fantastic signing who continues to impress.  He's integral to our attacking play and it'll be very interesting when we're able to get a consistent threat down the right next season to complement.  

He's also got up to speed fitness-wise now, lasting the full 90, which is great. 

On 04/04/2023 at 22:43, Villarocker said:

This guy is something else. It's like having another winger in the team and you can see the rapport he's building with Emi Buendia. Those two are great down our left right now. 

I thought this as well, at one point I noticed his starting position was level with Bailey's. He basically plays in a back 4 or front 3, he's never in midfield. Hes amazing for our system as he just allows us to overload so many areas of the pitch. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Konsa at right back next year and us shifting to a back 3 out of possession.

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I’ve been very critical of him but he keeps  proving me wrong. In games where we dominate the ball, he’s absolutely superb.

What games has he looked poor in out of interest?

He got caught out a bit v Leicester but one of those goals was on the break which he couldn't quite cut out.

Can't remember if he started the Man. City or Arsenal games.

Since then he's been a regular part of backline that's conceded 2 goals in 7 prem games now and is adding plenty going forward. Get in another good attacking player and I think he'll be adding 5-10 assists next year as he usually hits in one enticing cross a game.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What games has he looked poor in out of interest?

He got caught out a bit v Leicester but one of those goals was on the break which he couldn't quite cut out.

Can't remember if he started the Man. City or Arsenal games.

Since then he's been a regular part of backline that's conceded 2 goals in 7 prem games now and is adding plenty going forward. Get in another good attacking player and I think he'll be adding 5-10 assists next year as he usually hits in one enticing cross a game.

The first few games he got caught out repeatedly, committing to win the ball instead of holding his position. Also seemed to lose every single duel. But he’s improved very quickly (and adds so much going forward, as we all know by now)

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The first few games he got caught out repeatedly, committing to win the ball instead of holding his position. Also seemed to lose every single duel. But he’s improved very quickly (and adds so much going forward, as we all know by now)

I thought he showed good fighting sprit v Leeds. Wouldn't have been expecting to come on after 10 minutes when Digne got injured and made that brilliant goalline clearance at 1-0. Southampton away was very dull so can't remember much of that game at all apart from Ollie's goal.

Just a shame we've got him coming up to 30 but he's still got 2-3 good years in him so key is finding a young LB now to hopefully give some minutes with more cup games next year.

Â