Gerard Deulofeu

Tom13

He's a quality player, who would be a great addition for the right price and package.

he's technically better than 90% of the players in our squad, and he's not comparable to Sarr/Danjuma as they are different types of players.

Would i prefer him challenging for the wide or shadow striker role than McGinn?, heck yes.

Deulofeu would offer real quality and challenge for both the left wide/inside left position, but also the shadow striker role, he could prob also challenge for the right wide/inside role.

Would i also prefer someone else other than Deulofeu?, probably, but it all depends on the deal on the table i suppose, Danjuma for 35-40m doesnt sound like a good deal to me at all.

• Like 2

I get this tbf, Emery has coached him before. Has been a fan of his since his time at Seville. Player is versatile and can play multiple positions in attack. He's many years of Premier League experience with Everton and Watford. So very little time needed to adapt.

It's a useful signing if we made it. Just not one to get juices flowing 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

TransferMarkt have his main position as Centre Forward, and says he can play as left or right winger.

So as others have said, versatile and would probably be a good addition for the right package.

Looking at his selection history the striker role he does is as a shadow striker, so the role Bailey has been playing for us behind watkins or ings.

But as you say he can do left or right side also.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, messi11 said:

You're looking at the wrong stats. Gerard Deulofeu's been insane in Serie A for the last 2 seasons now. He's got better with age. This signing would be the equivalent of taking one of the side's below the top 6 talisman (Zaha, Trossard, Maddison type signing). Would be an incredible business for Villa! 
2.73 chances created per 90. No one comes close to that in the whole of Serie A. Only KDB is better in the PL at 2.94 chances created per 90.

image.png

image.png

Brilliant bit of info there Mr Messi, wonderful!

What makes it even better, is that i see your posts these days and expect farts, burps, jokes, "welcome X/Y/Z", purposeful opposite opinions etc etc :)

You are really good at the serious data stuff....you should do it more often ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Watford would've stayed up if he hadn't done his ACL in 2020 just before lockdown. Him and Sarr either side totally ripped Liverpool apart.

Interesting player. One of those who on his day is unplayable but plenty of games where he's not a factor. If he was he'd have made more impact at likes of Everton, Barca, AC Milan.

Must be close to 30 aswell so guess he'd be reasonably low priced signing (15m) who can improve us in next 18 months while we work on better targets and trying to tempt them to join us.

I find it impossible to spell his surname so probably siding to hoping we don't get him tbh!

Edit: That tweet says he's in his best form of his career, 2 goals in 15 league games this season so assume he's high up on assists.

Edited by VillaChris

5 hours ago, romavillan said:

Don't really get people moaning about Deulofeu, even if you think he's not an upgrade on Bailey, he's certianly an upgrade on only having one wide player. Deulofeu left, Coutinho/Buendia as a 10 and Bailey right is a lot better than putting someone wide left who isn't a winger/wide forward.

Yes he's 28, so it's not a super long term signing. We should get 3 or 4 very good years out of him though barring injury and he's been excellent at Udinese. That in itself is a good sign he's quality, Udinese have been consistently excellent in their recruitment for a long time.

Half of them have just come from Watford so that shows the benefits of having a feeder club in europe. I'd love to have one so we could follow likes of Sanson and Traore playing for same team in major league, that would be pretty cool. From the current Udinese squad:

Adam Masina

Issac Success

Deulofeu

Roberto Pereyra

All at Watford when they went down in July 2020. Pussetto also went on a two year loan to Udinese after the relegation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

You're looking at the wrong stats. Gerard Deulofeu's been insane in Serie A for the last 2 seasons now. He's got better with age. This signing would be the equivalent of taking one of the side's below the top 6 talisman (Zaha, Trossard, Maddison type signing). Would be an incredible business for Villa! 
2.73 chances created per 90. No one comes close to that in the whole of Serie A. Only KDB is better in the PL at 2.94 chances created per 90.

image.png

image.png

Great work, Messi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Brilliant bit of info there Mr Messi, wonderful!

What makes it even better, is that i see your posts these days and expect farts, burps, jokes, "welcome X/Y/Z", purposeful opposite opinions etc etc :)

You are really good at the serious data stuff....you should do it more often ❤️

Don’t let it go to your head son @messi11. Your farting and belching are the best part of your game and much undervalued in the modern game these days. The game’s gone. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Probably the link that makes most sense so far. Can see us reverting to a 433 with Bailey and Deulofeu either side of the striker.

I think we’ll stick with the same formation. With Bailey And Deulofeu  up front .

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I think we’ll stick with the same formation. With Bailey And Deulofeu  up front .

Udinese play him up front with a target man. I would say would be Watkins and both either side of him but maybe one playing a bit deeper

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Udinese play him up front with a target man. I would say would be Watkins and both either side of him but maybe one playing a bit deeper

Probably be a mix Watkins and Bailey, could also see him linking up well with Ings. I don’t see us ditching the 4-4-2 Bailey might start some games at right or left midfield.

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Probably be a mix Watkins and Bailey, could also see him linking up well with Ings. I don’t see us ditching the 4-4-2 Bailey might start some games at right or left midfield.

I think against the weaker teams we would play that way but against a top 6 we rotate more defensive players in

Â