VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Quite honestly, having watched cancer chip away at my dad over years and eventually eat him away over the last year of his life, I think I'd prefer the fine one minute, gone the next. 

Not having the stress of a degenerative disease, not being a burden - yep, that's really what I'd prefer.

My dad was 67 too 😞

Agreed. My Dad rotted away with dementia and Parkinson's until he was 87. 

My wife's dad was fit and healthy until he died at 70 of a sudden massive heart attack. 

Even though I'll be 70 next year, I'd still choose the latter fate over the former. 

• Like 1

Rosalia Lombardo (13 December 1918 – 6 December 1920) was a Palermitan child who died of pneumonia, resulting from the Spanish flu, one week before her second birthday. Rosalia's father, Mario Lombardo, was grieving her death, asked Alfredo Salafia, an embalmer, to preserve her remains. Sometimes called "Sleeping Beauty", hers was one of the last corpses to be admitted to the Capuchin catacombs of Palermo in Sicily.

The reason I was thinking of Rosalia Lombardo is because I saw a program with Paul O'Grady he visted her glass coffin and was crying and sad because she in her 'resting place' was surrounded by ghoulish looking embalmed corpses.

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Falcon from Gladiators, 59.

I was only thinking the other day about the ex Gladiators, wondering what they do now and how old they are now.

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I was only thinking the other day about the ex Gladiators, wondering what they do now and how old they are now.

You were wondering if Jet is still fit weren't you?  She is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2