VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

7 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

A really sad one for me. De La Soul get played a lot in my house. 😔

So many rappers die in their 50s. Sad. Hypertension in black American men is off the charts. Not sure the cause of death here, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was heart disease.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

So many rappers die in their 50s. Sad. Hypertension in black American men is off the charts. Not sure the cause of death here, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was heart disease.

Yeah.  Seems he had congenital heart disease.  

For a lot of white boys who liked other white boys who play guitars, at the end of the 80s De La Soul along with Public Enemy were their introduction to hip hop, I know a number of my friends lauded their debut at the time and their T-shirts were a mainstay of indie clubs. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

For a lot of white boys who liked other white boys who play guitars, at the end of the 80s De La Soul along with Public Enemy were their introduction to hip hop

This is very much me.

3ft High and Yo Bum Rush the Show were my game changers.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

This is very much me.

Even today I could talk to mates and they would say how much of an influence 3ft high and rising was on them. It was a great debut and deserved every plaudit it received.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

This is very much me.

Yeah, I also think with Tribe', and The Jungle Brothers they improved the perception of rap music...

De La Soul's most recent album 'Anonymous Nobody' was rather good too.

• Like 1