Christmas Dinner

sidcow

6 minutes ago, YLN said:

There was a scene in the US office where someone was making pigs in blankets and wrapping them in pizza crust. There seems to be two kinds

Pigs-in-a-Blanket-RCSQ-500x500.jpg

Those types of things we could have as part of a buffet on Boxing Day amongst other random things. 

Only read the first page and saw mention of gravy … as the kids are in the room with me , I had to leave and walk outside and shout obscenities at the sky

anyway, now I’ve calmed down 

smoked salmon and prawns for starter

Turkey , cooked with crispy bacon on top

pigs in blankets 

potatoes , red cabbage and Yorkshire pudding 

Profiterole’s with ice cream for dessert 

Then 45 seconds after claiming to be stuffed and about to burst ,  tuck into a tub of celebrations 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, trekka said:

Controversial but I really don't like pigs in blankets.  Give me more sprouts instead to fill the plate.  

bunk-moreland.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, YLN said:

I don't know what pigs in blankets are. I thought they were an American thing. And I thought they were just what they called sausage rolls, but with less pastry.

What are all you people talking about? 

Definitely for people who like grease; the sort who like dip or fried bread with their cooked breakfast.

• Like 2

Starter will be pate on crusty bread

Turkey (sigh)

Roast potatoes, my mom will also do mash or boiled which no one will eat

Yorkshires

Stuffing (paxo is good enough)

Sprouts, roasted carrots, roasted parsnips and then probably a pea and sweetcorn medley which again no one will eat

Pigs in blankets

Lots of gravy

Mustard...

Not sure on dessert, definitley crumble because my wife loves it, something with chocolate and then a Christmas pudding which again no one will eat

And for those who loves sprouts schwarz have a sauce packet out for sautéed sprouts with bacon, I've got one ready to go but think me and the wife will actually eat it next week, big bowl of sprouts cooked with bacon lardons and walnuts maybe with some good sausages or a chicken breast on the side, no carbs just more sprouts

ffs this thread has made me anxious about the possibility of not having enough pigs in blanket on xmas day so going to have to buy more in the shop tomorrow, sneak them into the freezer, and hope she doesn't notice

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Plus her prawn ring. 

You can say what you want about Kerry’s prawn ring, it might be a bit older, more fishy and somewhat over used this time of year but it is still accessible to most and is still fairly moist especially when the special sauce is added 

• Haha 1

Â