Christmas Dinner

sidcow

So what is the minimum acceptance number of Pigs in Blankets and other musings. 

I'll kick off with I don't want any cranberry sauce near my dinner. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 is a starting point for pigs in blankets, up to 5 on the plate, however there should be an additional plate of pigs in blankets to dip into through the night.

My wife seems to have gone full deluded and is going to pick up a fresh turkey this year, so we are looking at about 48 hours before Christmas day, max and she hasnt put an order in with a butcher. We may be eating chicken nuggets this year.

The best thing you can do for Christmas dinner is move away from Turkey.

And I don't mean as a veggie. Even if you eat meat, remove the shackles of having to have the shittest of all the meats and move to something that actually tastes nice

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'll kick off with I don't want any cranberry sauce near my dinner. 

Redcurrant jelly or nothing. Cranberry is a really odd taste for me, always leaves my mouth feeling dry. Can't be doing with them, though I have recently discovered dried like raisins, this doesn't happen

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

3 is a starting point for pigs in blankets, up to 5 on the plate,

This

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

however there should be an additional plate of pigs in blankets to dip into through the night.

This has just been added to my requirements

• Like 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I love sprouts, and eat them with most Sunday dinners through winter. Usually end up with about 10-15 of them because nobody else likes them, although I’m convinced the reason for that is people disliked them as children and haven’t tried them again since. 

Same, no sunday dinner without sprouts. 

• Like 2

Turkey crown (frozen, Aldi, bought a few weeks ago)

Roast potatoes 

Pigs in blankets 

Sprouts (amazingly, I actually love sprouts) 

Stuffing 

Gravy

Red wine 

Everything else is optional for me (e.g. some will be having cranberry sauce, some will have bread sauce) 

Christmas pudding, with brandy butter and cream 

Sweet white wine 

Cognac 

23 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Six is the minimum. 

Unless I’ve secretly been eating them from the buffet warmer already. Then I’ll accept four. 

You mean hostess trolley

We have had a turkey crown cooked in bacon last few years and it has been joyous

roast potatoes cooked in beef, dripping, rather than goose fat as well. Oodles of bread sauce. At least 4 dogs dicks.

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I love sprouts, and eat them with most Sunday dinners through winter. Usually end up with about 10-15 of them because nobody else likes them, although I’m convinced the reason for that is people disliked them as children and haven’t tried them again since. 

I agree, plus the way they're cooked drastically changes their taste. I love them myself and I had some sprouts somewhere else and they were vile!

Just now, TreeVillan said:

I agree, plus the way they're cooked drastically changes their taste. I love them myself and I had some sprouts somewhere else and they were vile!

Yep, I much prefer them undercooked if anything. I had some at a carvery and they were balls of vile mush.

Â