Christmas Dinner

sidcow

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Seriously, try steaming them in a microwave, the texture and taste is so much better. No mush or vile taste and so much easier on the washing up too

You can even buy a bag of prepared sprouts in M&S that you just stick a hole in the bag and bung 'em in the microwave and job done

tesco do those too. pierce the bag, 3-4 mins, perfect

• Like 1

I wonder if this will beat the number of pages in the Full English Breakfast thread?

My wife suggested why don't we have a Chinese takeaway this year instead of  a Christmas dinner?...my 30 year daughter was not amused 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

It’s a good method, I do the same with things like mange tout and tenderstem broccoli, much better than boiling water. Will try with sprouts when the missus is out, I wouldn’t want to interfere with her work. 

image.png.1f872778aaab9a75141c1b59dce31dd8.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Önce when I was around 6/7 my dad joked he'd forgotten to buy sausages for Christmas dinner. I ran upstairs and phoned my nan who arrived about an hour later with a pack of sausages.

There seemed to be a lot of waving of sausages as my nan was berating her adult son while he was trying to explain that it was all a joke. 

I ran upstairs and hid, playing with my new skalextric set. 

Snitch

• Haha 1

I don't know what pigs in blankets are. I thought they were an American thing. And I thought they were just what they called sausage rolls, but with less pastry.

What are all you people talking about? 

Just now, YLN said:

I don't know what pigs in blankets are. I thought they were an American thing. And I thought they were just what they called sausage rolls, but with less pastry.

What are all you people talking about? 

A sausage wrapped in bacon.

Just now, trekka said:

They are literally little sausages wrapped in bacon.

350638011_1_640x640.jpg?identifier=19f66

Ok the image makes them look nicer than the description. I don't think I've ever had one. I would eat them, but cocktail sausages are nice on their own. I wouldn't say they need bacon wrapped around them. If god had intended etc...

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Cooked around the turkey in the oven. They are heaven

Why would you have pastry on a Xmas dinner?

There was a scene in the US office where someone was making pigs in blankets and wrapping them in pizza crust. There seems to be two kinds

Pigs-in-a-Blanket-RCSQ-500x500.jpg

Â