Christmas Dinner

sidcow

11 hours ago, El Zen said:

THIS is a xmas dinner:

65A0AF70-9425-4D40-983D-82C15DEB235F.jpeg

Got served this at a work thing a couple of weeks ago. The meat is pork ribs. Now, this plate is not perfect. Needs more gravy, for one thing. 

Do you not do roast potatoes in Norway? Boiled ones are rather dull. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Do you not do roast potatoes in Norway? Boiled ones are rather dull. 

We do, but not typically for xmas. The boiled potatoes are purely a gravy vehicle in my book, as I tend to agree they are rather bland on their own. 

21 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Starters?

I usually get offered some kind of smoked fish, or prawn cocktail (possibly deconstructed rather than full '80s), or pate and toast, or cured meats.

And then I have all of them.

You must have a metabolism like an inferno. It appears you eat tons and drink tons but still maintain a healthy weight. What is your secret?

10 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Industrial scale cocaine taking.... probably. 

I tried that diet for a number of years but found the day after the session. I would eat my body weight in sweets, bacon and spicy curry and put weight on 

14 hours ago, El Zen said:

THIS is a xmas dinner:

65A0AF70-9425-4D40-983D-82C15DEB235F.jpeg

Got served this at a work thing a couple of weeks ago. The meat is pork ribs. Now, this plate is not perfect. Needs more gravy, for one thing. 

Is that the starter?
Christmas dinner has to be an absolute belly busting mountain of food. You need to be completely incapable of moving for at least 3 hours afterwards.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is that the starter?
Christmas dinner has to be an absolute belly busting mountain of food. You need to be completely incapable of moving for at least 3 hours afterwards.

That is a restaurant plate. Come xmas at our house, this is just the first helping.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

You must have a metabolism like an inferno. It appears you eat tons and drink tons but still maintain a healthy weight. What is your secret?

Running or workouts every day!

I only consume about 1600 calories most weekdays (without counting properly any more) then go full Butterfield diet at the weekend.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Running or workouts every day!

I only consume about 1600 calories most weekdays (without counting properly any more) then go full Butterfield diet at the weekend.

Mystery meat 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

On 15/12/2022 at 13:27, Tegis said:

I might have asked this last year, but is a massive Christmas ham (with mustard and a bit of bread underneath to carry the load) just a nordic thing?

skinka1.jpg

I would say that's the sort of thing we have on Boxing Day, together with left over turkey etc from Christmas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â