João Félix

Delphinho123

30 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I mean that is probably the same for most of any of our alleged potential targets, e.g., Pau Torres, Marcus Thuram, they're not coming here because they love the Villa & want to play at VP. It's their job and will be compensated handsomely.

I do think we should have more of an interest in transfers like Emi's & Dougie's as they were already at "top" clubs and are coming for the increase in playing time. But on the other hand, we have blokes like Mings & McGinn who actually probably have a great affinity for the club -- and even though they have this, more than likely the main reason they'd stay at Villa is because they just don't have the ability to be a regular starter for a PL winning side. 

Are any of those names you mentioned going to cost us as much as Joao Felix? 

No didn't think so...

Not having a pop at you but I think I've made my points pretty clear over a few posts.

No to Joao Felix, because it will cost TOO much.

In all honesty I really do not give a monkeys if the guy comes or not. In some ways the boring, streotypical "Why would he go to such a small club"  drivel constantly spouted by ignorant media pundits and then repeated forever by Glory hunter fans who actually know barely anything about our club or it's grand history lest of all it's huge potential, make me prefer he didn't come anyways. There is no guarantee he would do well here regardless and then there is the risk he would simply use the club as a stepping stone to another club with less history, in a worse city (but with much more money "as it happens", just becase they won something in the last 10 years.

I agree, bring on the players who would fight day & night for this club and would see it as an honour to play for one of the true giants of English football in a historical sense not just the lastest 5 minutes coz some oil barron decided to have a play.

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Are any of those names you mentioned going to cost us as much as Joao Felix? 

No didn't think so...

Not having a pop at you but I think I've made my points pretty clear over a few posts.

No to Joao Felix, because it will cost TOO much.

Thuram's on an expiring contract iirc, so I'd hope he doesn't 🤣 And Torres doesn't play for a club as big as Atleti. 

I'm not arguing with your point, as I would tend to agree with it. Just saying that most players are going to be along the same lines when signing 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thug said:

Over rated.

Rather have one of those Moroccans that made him look completely ordinary for about 1/50th of the cost.

My real point is that there’s probably about 100 players like him out there that will be considered better than him in a year or two. 

My thoughts too.

From what I am gathering....UE wants us to be a team thats hard to beat....That to me suggests amongst many things, work rate, hard yards.....not sure thats Joao's forte.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danceoftheshamen said:

In all honesty I really do not give a monkeys if the guy comes or not. In some ways the boring, streotypical "Why would he go to such a small club"  drivel constantly spouted by ignorant media pundits and then repeated forever by Glory hunter fans who actually know barely anything about our club or it's grand history lest of all it's huge potential, make me prefer he didn't come anyways. There is no guarantee he would do well here regardless and then there is the risk he would simply use the club as a stepping stone to another club with less history, in a worse city (but with much more money "as it happens", just becase they won something in the last 10 years.

I agree, bring on the players who would fight day & night for this club and would see it as an honour to play for one of the true giants of English football in a historical sense not just the lastest 5 minutes coz some oil barron decided to have a play.

enough said......spot on.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

My thoughts too.

From what I am gathering....UE wants us to be a team thats hard to beat....That to me suggests amongst many things, work rate, hard yards.....not sure thats Joao's forte.

Is Joao Forte good?, worth a punt maybe?

😜

• Haha 2

Have to admit I don’t feel too bothered about this. It’s got the air of all our eggs in one basket and we’re not anywhere near ready for that yet.  

However I trust the club so if it did happen would still be very happy. Will just wonder what price it will be at in the longer term. 

I don’t think it’s happening anyway. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Pretty much 99% of the clubs are stepping stones.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Pretty much 99% of the clubs are stepping stones.

Correct.

If a player is good enough to move on from Aston Villa, then 99% of the time they will. And that's true for almost every club in the world

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This is one of those times I'm amused at how people have such strong opinions when I'd wager the majority of people on VillaTalk have seen this guy play less than 3 times ever

Is it less amusing if I've seen him play 4 times...

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

That's like missing out on the hottest girl in the club and saying 'good, at least I can have the house to myself tonight'.

That I can relate to 😪

Â