FA CUP 3rd draw

Demitri_C

Feeny and Bogarde are first team squad players anyway. A few youngsters likely to be involved one way or another whenther people like it or not. We could probably win this game comfortably playing six or seven youngsters with a few older ones to help them out, that won't happen, but starting one or two younger players won't do our chances any harm at all, if they can't be given a chance in a game like this then when can they.

Feeney, Bogarde, and Tommi O'Reilly have already played against League One opposition and looked more than comfortable, have a feeling Kesler-Hayden might be back with us for this game as well.

Me no say start them all but one or two starting with a few more off the bench won't do any harm.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Feeny and Bogarde are first team squad players anyway. A few youngsters likely to be involved one way or another whenther people like it or not. We could probably win this game comfortably playing six or seven youngsters with a few older ones to help them out, that won't happen, but starting one or two younger players won't do our chances any harm at all, if they can't be given a chance in a game like this then when can they.

Feeney, Bogarde, and Tommi O'Reilly have already played against League One opposition and looked more than comfortable, have a feeling Kesler-Hayden might be back with us for this game as well.

Me no say start them all but one or two starting with a few more off the bench won't do any harm.

I’d be tempted to play Archer from the start and have Wilson on the bench, would he have signed pro by then?

Wilson turns seventeen on January 5th according to google and presumably will sign a professional contract then or shortly after. I'd be surprised if he's anywhere near the first team anytime soon though, he's barely played for the U21s yet.

18 minutes ago, useless said:

A few youngsters likely to be involved one way or another whenther people like it or not.

As subs maybe but not likely starting…you say your point as if it’s fact, it’s not.  We don’t know what Emery will do.

20 minutes ago, useless said:

We could probably win this game comfortably playing six or seven youngsters with a few older ones to help them out, that won't happen, but starting one or two younger players won't do our chances any harm at all

So? but we could also not!  Anyway that’s not the point Emery is new, still instilling his style, this is another early game to do that.  We will have had over a month off from competitive games and only a few games back so will want match fitness.  We haven’t actually played many games this season anyway.  He’ll want confidence boosters for main players.  

24 minutes ago, useless said:

if they can't be given a chance in a game like this then when can they.

it’s not about the youngsters though, we need to get our first team rocking and into form.  Yes kids need a chance but the time isn’t now, we’ve just started to get on a run of form, we’ve had 18 months or more of bad form, we need to get some consistency, this is more about the what the first team need rather than what the youngsters need.  It’s also still early for Emery, another game for him to I still in his players.

27 minutes ago, useless said:

I disagree, maybe one getting decent game time but apart from a late (with five minutes left) sub appearance it should be the main team.