FA CUP 3rd draw

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

No chance…focus on the main players and some close fringe players as it’s still only a few games back after the restart.  Youngsters are for another time, time to focus on the main team under new manager and ideas, and after a competitive break for the World Cup and only 10 days back.  Not a time for the youngsters.

Agreed. Youngsters in the League Cup, I could understand. We've been waiting far too long for the FA Cup. Plus the winner gets into the Europa League, and we all kniw what Unai can do there.

• Like 2

I don’t know much about Stevenage but they are second in league two so they probably aren’t mugs. I fully expect us to win this but we have come a cropper against this type of opposition before, the difference this time is we have a coach who will prepare the team properly and won’t take the opposition for granted.

I hope we treat this competition seriously. We have never won the FA Cup in my lifetime, and it’s a good route to European competition. We have had a couple of final appearances in the last 25 years, but we didn’t show up in either of those so I want us to put that right.

The final is a long way off at rage moment, and we need to get past a number of teams before we can start dreaming of the above happening. We are at the first step, so hopefully the players will be switched on fully for this tie, so we don’t allow Stevenage a chance of an upset. We don’t want to stumble on the first step.