FA CUP 3rd draw

Demitri_C

44 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Emery wants to win a cup, he wouldn’t play the youngsters even if we did get the worst team.  It would just be first team mixed with some fringe players.  Plus he’s still learning the team along with instilling his style and tactics so would be trying things with the main players.

If he wanted to win a trophy so bad then why did he rest players against Man United in the league cup?

6 minutes ago, messi11 said:

If he wanted to win a trophy so bad then why did he rest players against Man United in the league cup?

because we’d just played them and thought different tactics with “on paper” very good players, in a club he’s learning about the players, he picked a team he thought could win.  It was a different strategy to the league game but the players didn’t step up.  It didn’t work, his second game, he’s learning about the core 18 or so players of his squad.  I expect no change in the near future but he thinks between his tactics and the individuals he chooses there is enough to win a game.  Horses for courses and all that, just who we think is the best XI may not always be the right players he needs for his tactics for the game.  He’s  already said he wants to win a trophy as a priority.

• Like 1

The youngsters left at the club after the others have gone out on loan are fringe players anyway, Feeney, Bogarde, and Tommi O'Reilly, if we get a draw against lower league opposition all them will have a chance of getting game time, and it shouldn't affect our chances as all three have shown they're good enough against lower league opposition.

Edited by useless

I want the sort of easy run that sees the likes of Citeh, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Newton Heath cruise to the later rounds/final. Boreham Wood away to start and then the lowest ranked club in the draw at home until the semi-final, when we meet the plucky team from the Championship that have defied all expectations to get there (someone like Hull would do). Then someone that we would start as favourites against in the final. I think we are owed that, as we have been waiting to lift this trophy for an 8th time, since I was in my cot and that has been a very, very long time! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

See for me, I know we would have a lot potentially to go wrong but when we get that sweet victory, the following week for me with my low life, hygiene challenged, humourless, scum sucking but very close blue nose friends would be a great week for me.

I’m bored of playing Man U….I prefer the risk and reward of the Blose game.  Yeah we could lose but the chances are slim whereas we always bow out to the Manc scum.

There’s no reward to beating Blues. It’s the only acceptable result. And I don’t want to even think about having to go to S . A d ew

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Sadistically I’d like Blues at Villa Park.  Yes I know their fans would cause issues at our ground but would love to spank them 5-0 or something.

it would be a cup final for them. they're unlikely to go down this season so they would give absolutely everything to beat us. it should be a straightforward win for us, but why chance it?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

There’s no reward to beating Blues. It’s the only acceptable result. And I don’t want to even think about having to go to S . A d ew

Massive reward for me in beating blose for me but I guess it’s different for each fan

32 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it would be a cup final for them. they're unlikely to go down this season so they would give absolutely everything to beat us. it should be a straightforward win for us, but why chance it?

An easy gloating time for a week.

You guys are all boring 😂 Love the Blose derby after growing up in mixed Blose Villa family, friends and colleagues all during my younger years and still some now.  I love the extra excitement of the derby as well.