Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

Frustrated users on Twitter are taking up arms against accounts with blue check marks and blocking them en masse in an effort they are calling #BlockTheBlue, leading the Elon Musk-run company to award the designation to celebrities who did not want or pay for it….The account of the late celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain, which has not posted since his death in 2018, was also given a blue tick, along with several other deceased people.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/you-will-feel-my-wrath-tesla-man-twitter-s-blue-tick-battleground-20230423-p5d2ko.html

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

**** me

'This billionaire is evil and hates humanity' says the obviously good-intentioned, benevolent billionaire.

'Soros hates humanity.'

'Labour hate Britain.'

It's always dumb exaggerated bollocks. At least Musk is showing his hand now. I wonder how he feels about the likes of Murdoch etc? He's presumably seen the Dominion texts, so he should be aware that there is an oligarch who's TV station is actively eroding the very fabric of civilisation in front of his eyes. Oh, but then he appeared on the station about two weeks later.

Taking on Microsoft in a spurious legal challenge eh? That can only go well.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2023/05/twitter-claims-microsoft-broke-api-rules-musk-already-threatened-lawsuit/

Elon Musk's lawyer, Alex Spiro, yesterday sent a letter to Microsoft accusing the company of using the Twitter APIs in ways that violated Twitter policies. Spiro's letter came about a month after Microsoft halted API use instead of paying new fees and Musk threatened to sue Microsoft, claiming it was "illegally using Twitter data."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why is someone posting a tweet to announce they reject a particular term. And then another tweet to saying they are being called names.

Because the right wing are quite possibly the most fragile bunch of losers in the world.

• Like 2

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Because the right wing are quite possibly the most fragile bunch of losers in the world.

Aside from whoever it is, and what the topic is I’d want to just slap him around the face and tell him to grow up. 

The only time I ever see any of this shite is here.

Have I got some Beta version of twitter that only does music shops, local beaches, and headstones, or are people clicking shit and misunderstanding how an algorithm works? Then complaining in to the void?

He has every right to announce to the void the names he doesn’t want to be called. I can only presume an actual adult with the ability to use twitter must know the consequences of asking twitter not to call them a name. So he’s probably actually quite happy right now, as is Musk, as are the people in the void calling him names. I mean, literally everyone in this story must be happy right now? Yes?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I can only presume an actual adult with the ability to use twitter must know the consequences of asking twitter not to call them a name.

Let’s address the principle, rather than who complained for a moment. If we would like social media to be a non aggressive, respectful sort of platform, kind of like VT, then the complainant has a point. Knowing the consequences of asking twitter not to call you a name and expecting to get a bunch of abuse for asking that suggests twitter is an angry sewer on so many subjects.

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

Let’s address the principle, rather than who complained for a moment. If we would like social media to be a non aggressive, respectful sort of platform, kind of like VT, then the complainant has a point. Knowing the consequences of asking twitter not to call you a name and expecting to get a bunch of abuse for asking that suggests twitter is an angry sewer on so many subjects.

I think the principle is one of common sense.

Would he rock up in Burnley, and start expressing views on the population of Burnley, and not expect some feedback?

Would he go in to a Wetherspoons and let them all know what he thinks of the sort of people that go to Wetherspoons, and not expect some constructive criticism?

He’s a drama queen and he’s achieved drama, he’s happy.

• Like 2

Â