Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

8 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Southgate wasn't celebrating, he was laughing at the young kid. What reason has he to celebrate? Ridiculous accusation. 

Really? I didn't notice any young kid, but even so, I wouldn't have been laughing given the home team had scored, it can so easily be misinterpreted. ;)

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

He should miss the next game. We'll see how we'll the protocol works from now cause not taking him off when accessed was close to amateur. We could see he wasn't right.

They should not be asking a player if he is okay to play on, I thought this got changed recently!

Well I take back my earlier comments. Just looked up the concussion protocol. It’s not supposed to be up to the player. They have some baseline questions to ask but if they have even the smallest belief that the player has received a concussion they must take him out of the game immediately. So yeah, that one definitely falls under a failure from our medical staff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

tbf to us, we have had the better chances, we haven't capitalised unfortuantely and apart from that penalty, there hasnt been much between us. That should be seen as a big positve, it means the playing staff can hold their own in the main. When we get Emery on the training pitch with them, we will see a further marked improvement, that is guaranteed. not long until January and Emery will have quite a lot of the squad with him during the world cup. we can still get something out of this game, but regardless of today's result, things are really looking up for us :)

What chances?

Pope not had to make any saves so far.

We've huffed and puffed. Good intensity so far but we need to create more.

Edited by Pinebro

TBH Young's been having a mare. Continuously being caught by the ball over the top or through ball. He needs to step back and hold the line. Almiron is having a field day against him. 

Other than that, I think we've played reasonably well. Some of our play in tight areas has been really good but the front 3 need to hold the ball better and not be so wasteful.  

Just now, Pinebro said:

What chances?

Pope ntot had to make any saves so far.

good thing we have the Maestro Watkins on the right, he will cut them open at some point with his dazzling ball skills.

• Haha 1

Just now, Pinebro said:

What chances?

Pope ntot had to make any saves so far.

well we've had the players and put the ball in the right areas but havent capitalised, watkins had a couple  but unfortuantely wasnt able to control it, one he missed from probably 8 yards. Apart from the pen and the offisde wilson goal newcastle have laregely been kept at bay, we have had the ball in good areas near the byline a few times but squandred chances. we can get something out of this

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

What chances?

Pope not had to make any saves so far.

Watkins unmarked 8 yards out had to completely do an air kick sums it up

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Unfortunately Newcastle money will mean we won’t be allowed to get back into this game, so game over now. 

No. It's still up to us. They're up by 1 goal, we need to do bloody better, been awful IMO.