Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I presume he's gotten a big payrise - well deserved!

His original contract was already till 2027 I don't think his signed a new one, more the club and him have agreed to take up the option of the extra year he had to put a stop to the clickbait speculation that was starting to appear. 

The Athletic have reported he will sit down with the owners in the summer which I'd imagine is where he'd get a pay rise and maybe even sign for longer. Presume him and the club don't want any distractions whilst the season is ongoing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichW said:

His original contract was already till 2027 I don't think his signed a new one, more the club and him have agreed to take up the option of the extra year he had to put a stop to the clickbait speculation that was starting to appear. 

The Athletic have reported he will sit down with the owners in the summer which I'd imagine is where he'd get a pay rise and maybe even sign for longer. Presume him and the club don't want any distractions whilst the season is ongoing. 

His contract wasn't until 2027, he's signed an extension to 2027. I think his contract was to 2025 or 2026 so it's a short extension, probably to insert a bigger buyout clause in exchange for another year or two. 

I think in summer they'll look to get creative. Set performance targets that trigger an extension. I like the idea of locking him down on a log contract

Was talking to my dad about him the other day and we were thinking of other clubs that would possibly interest him?  Not many I imagine. 

Would the Spanish national team interest him at some point? 

25 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I hope he has some understanding of how much we love him here. 

I think the time he's given to totally build and adapt his squad and have complete control of the football operations is big for him

Happy news! I didn't think the Bayern link had any weight to it. It's clear Unai thrives when he has a large degree of control at a club, he had it at Valencia and he has it here. I didn't see him leaving anyway but at least it shuts up the gobs*ite media. 

23 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

You'd have to start at his feet, and upgrade through the season to his eyes. Free food and drinks on upgrading through each joint. 

Shotgun watching through his scrotum.

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, RichW said:

John Percy reported here it was 4 and a half years which takes him till 2027 and it was reported the last year was an option. 

So we exercised the option to extend to 2027 then? While we will sit down with him in summer to negotiate a new contract with new option I imagine plus some pay bumps for him

I genuinely think that in the future there will be papers/ studies done on the job Unai has done/ is doing/ will do at Villa

Sports tacticians, psychologists, physios and sports finance experts will all be looking at this as a gold standard model of approach going forward such is the turnaround and success I suspect he may bring us

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

I genuinely think that in the future there will be papers/ studies done on the job Unai has done/ is doing/ will do at Villa

Sports tacticians, psychologists, physios and sports finance experts will all be looking at this as a gold standard model of approach going forward such is the turnaround and success I suspect he may bring us

Will they use a match thread too?

Guess none of us will know the finer details but the wording of The Athletic article about sitting down with the owners in the summer and prolonging his terms further would indicate to me at least both the club and Emery have agreed for the option of the extra year to be triggered and that in summer he will sign a new contract with higher pay, bigger release clause and maybe additional years? 

The fact its news that his extended to 2027 even though he was already tied to 2027  would tell me that the final year was definitely an option. I guess the club will wait till the summer when his signed his new contract before it's officially announced from the club as they've not mentioned anything (yet).  

Â