Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I like that Emery wasn't in that team photo in the dressing room. He'd have probably been in the video room plotting his revenge against Arsenal.

What if he was the one who took the photo? 😜

• Haha 4

There was an image doing the rounds on Twitter after the Spurs match with Ange and Unai having a chess match, with Unai winning at the end.

I got similar vibes from this game where it was move and counter-move from Unai and Pep.

Emery is a chess Grandmaster.

I honestly can't even put into words how good he is. His football he has us playing is probably the best I have ever watched from any team in terms of its tactical genius. It's very exciting too don't get me wrong. This Emery team will be one I'll be looking back on fondly like I do some teams like Pochetinno's Spurs. And to think I wanted the aforementioned Pochetinno over the Don. I was so silly.

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Bit sad for him he still hasn't been to the Holte after a performance like that. The roof would have come off. Again.

He doesn't care of course. There's work to be done. We've won nothing yet.

Yeah as he said every game is worth 3 points, every one is an opportunity for 3. If or when we actually win something I'm sure he'll let himself properly celebrate.

Arsenal feels bigger not only cos they're top but they got a pretty jammy win at VP last season and it's personal with Emery. Another masterclass please!

I rarely rewatch a game but I’ll be watching this back again later. This time I’ll do my best to absorb the tactical masterclass served up by Unai, it’s such absorbing stuff and he’s single handedly got me interested in the finer tactical points of the game. I thought I knew a bit but I’ve learnt so much more since Emery came in. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I rarely rewatch a game but I’ll be watching this back again later. This time I’ll do my best to absorb the tactical masterclass served up by Unai, it’s such absorbing stuff and he’s single handedly got me interested in the finer tactical points of the game. I thought I knew a bit but I’ve learnt so much more since Emery came in. 

It really is an education watching this bloke's team. He's something else. Any other manager in world football would be a disappointing step down now. We have the best keeper in the world and I genuinely believe the best manager in the world.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I've never felt such things - joy at the football, lust for this handsome Spaniard, but also I've discovered my inner hostage taking impulses - he may never leave. Sorry Unai, you're too good.

Kids these days often support players rather than clubs, apparently. I think I might have become a die-hard Unai Emery fan.

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

There was an image doing the rounds on Twitter after the Spurs match with Ange and Unai having a chess match, with Unai winning at the end.

I got similar vibes from this game where it was move and counter-move from Unai and Pep.

Emery is a chess Grandmaster.

If Pep Guardiola is Magnus Carlsen, then Unai Emery is Stockfish.

• Like 3

Â