Unai Emery

PeterSw

The fact that NSWE decided to pull the plug on the Purlsow/Gerrard project... and immediately knew they wanted Unai... and sold the project to him...
He pulled his sleeves up, worked a little bit of his magic...
and 12 months later... we have just humiliated Citeh... are sitting in 3rd... with Villa Park being a proper fortress...

Pinch me...

• Like 2

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Things have been impossibly good under him. Hard to really put in to words how he's turned this team around despite regularly starting 8 players he hasn't even signed. Real markings of a elite level coach.

Mad isnt it?

Just over a year ago, we had some scouse chancer who won a title in Scotland and used to be a bloody good footballer in charge because he was mates with the CEO...
We were struggling badly and looking at the relegation places....

NSWE decided enough was enough and, SOMEHOW, convinced this magician/scientist/genius to come to us and show everyone what he can do...

Fast forward 12 months... We are playing in Europe for the first time in decades... and we have just made "the best side in world football" look like the Dog and Duck...

I am so ridiculously, immensely and insanely proud of our club tonight...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

OK, I've seen some quality managers over the years I've supported Villa, but after tonight, you know what, I'm gonna say it. 

Unai is the best Villa manager in my lifetime.

If he stays for a while, we WILL win something.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Just got back, I’m near to tears of joy. We are ridiculous. He is ridiculous.

Could you imagine how ridiculously good Arsenal could be right now had their board just stuck to their initial decision and let Unai do his thing?

The guy is something else bud...

Just now, DJ_Villain said:

Could you imagine how ridiculously good Arsenal could be right now had their board just stuck to their initial decision and let Unai do his thing?

The guy is something else bud...

I hope we keep him forever

That’s now 81 points from 40 league games.

For those interested we are now in the “Yeah of course he’s gone past Gregory’s points return after X amount of games - frankly, he’s pissing it” statistical territory.

No previous permenant Villa manager has had a win percentage over 50%.

Emery has a win percentage over 60%.

Add that to his tactical brilliance and the way he coaches underperforming players into world class players, and if this continue there will be a new statue outside Villa Park soon.

I love his humility but I have to laugh. 

We could be in 3rd place with two matches to go and he could still be downplaying our chances. 

May be Basque but he’s got that Villa pessimism running through him in public. 

Â