Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 05/04/2023 at 13:12, dubbs said:

After last 2 games and getting married on Monday, this has been a pretty good few days for me so far.  Thank you UE!

Hope UE lasts longer than your marriage (joke)

Congratulations 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Dream appointment it really is. Achievements so far:

• Erased the memory of that scouse bloke in record time
  • Erased the curse of 27 years without a home win against Utd after being in the building for 2 days
  • Erased the 3rd kit curse first time of asking
  • Improved multiple players form, driving up potential prices on players heads
  • Scored in every single game we’ve played under him
  • Won 10 PL games in 16 (when have we been in that type of form)
  • W6 D1 L1 on the road 🤯
  • Implemented a new playing style that the players have all bought into; simultaneously whilst picking up points during the teething process
  • Shown the owners he can do all this by working with the existing squad without spending millions (they’ll trust him with all their money if they werent willing to already)
  • Made the perfect connection with the fans and always makes the point of referencing us. Really feel like we have our club back again (for the 2nd time after Deano)
  • Already created the “family” that he speaks of, just look at the scenes at FT the other night

It really couldnt have gone much better, yeah we wanted a cup run, but I’ll sacrifice that every day of the week for the sort of league form we’re witnessing. Im honestly not expecting us to actually make Europe this season, but we’re putting some damn good foundations in place right now. I just hope he’s the sort of guy that can convince the players we want to keep, to stay when the inevitable pathetic six come calling for our best players. If you see how the Villareal lads reacted at his departure and the things they said, he is exactly the guy you want to work for so there’s hope that the family actually stick together this time 😙

I Too could wax lyrical, about this guy, 'til midnight......but he has one magical attribute, for me,  amongst many.....Humility.

Its far more powerful, than many folk give it credit.Its a very attractive thing to have in a Leader.

• Like 4

On 05/04/2023 at 15:49, Stevo71 said:

Wish there was some vid of Unai and the bench when the winner went in. The harmony in the squad is just fantastic. 

Yeah I've been hoping for Unai cam for the winner.

• Like 2

I think Unai has them working.

As I live local to BMH...I randomly see the players leaving.

I have noticed various players leaving around 4 pm....now thats unusual to me.

I thought trainIng was traditionally 10-12 or there abouts.

I wonder if Unai is having afternoon tutelage sessions with them.......just guessing.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, TRO said:

I wonder if Unai is having afternoon tutelage sessions with them.......just guessing.

Agree. You can see it in the nervy early playing out from the back that is getting much slicker now (if still occasionally anxiety inducing). Definitely down to working hard on it. 

• Like 2

I get the feeling that the players are really enjoying this style and are playing with smiles on their faces. I guess it's understandable as football is much more fun when you have the ball. I also think that they are learning more about their own strengths and weaknesses and getting the right coaching to improve. That must be a buzz as well. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Really interesting. The bloke leaves no stone unturned.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Why was emery sacked by PSG? Anyone know the story there?

Been answered by a few people already, he wasn’t sacked but they never really forgave him for the 6-1 at Barcelona. 

6 hours ago, TRO said:

I have a sense of humour as good as the next mans.....but I squirm, when I hear folk taking the piss, out of his speech.

We all know, what he means in his interviews and he is getting better.....I just wish some folk could find a better topic/source of humour, as I simply don't find it funny.

I can understand opposition supporters, using it as a wind up........but not our fans ,please.

This. People will always make cheap jokes though and I’m not sure they will ever stop. Thing is Unai’s English is good, I think the “problem” is he has a very strong accent.  I think it’s a Basque/San Sebastian accent which sounds odd to English speakers ears.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TRO said:

wonder if Unai is having afternoon tutelage sessions with them.......just guessing.

They’ve talked about him going through complete match videos and stopping the frame and talking about what they could have done and so on, so that must take several hours on its own.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, blandy said:

They’ve talked about him going through complete match videos and stopping the frame and talking about what they could have done and so on, so that must take several hours on its own.

I'm so glad we have him because of this. I want the team doing detailed sessions on Forest. Such a relief after kebab shop charlatans like Bruce et al

• Like 3

12 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Been answered by a few people already, he wasn’t sacked but they never really forgave him for the 6-1 at Barcelona. 

Damn, was that Emery in charge? I remember watching it, crazy game.  Probably the biggest collapse in modern football.

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Set off the chain of events that lead to where we are today. Gracias, Sergi Roberto 

There is probably a timeline somewhere in the multiverse, where Emery has won 3 Champions Leagues with PSG.

• Like 1

Â