Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I haven't felt this confident for the future since MON was manager. 

Would agree whilst at the same time under MON I was young and naive enough to think villa would just get CL and push on from there

The gulf between the haves and have nots is **** huge compared to when MON was here, emery has a much tougher job

• Like 1

Great start just like Gerrard, bu reverted to poor form again. Maybe some people are right, this squad is just not good enough and we need wholesale changes in the summer.

The defence is worse than at any time under Smith or Gerrard, if Emery doesn't sort that out sharpish he will start getting a lot of criticism because he's supposed to be good at organising his teams and defence in general. We are the complete opposite of watertight.

Must win against Everton.

He’s stopped the rot and got us playing to a system. You can see some of the results already in the one touch passing and some of the goals (like our second today 😍)

We’ll finish comfortably mid table which is a great relief after the start we had under ‘he whom shall not be named’. 

It sets us up well for a genuine push at making a European place next season. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, supermon said:

Have to say I don't feel overly infuriated with the results, yes we capitulated but there are signs there that Unai is developing something. There are positives to take at least

Don’t think we capitulated today did we? Conceded a freak goal for their winner and then a second because our keeper was up for a corner. Wasn’t really a soft underbelly even though their second goal was annoying.

Regardless I agree with your point. Leicester was a cracking game which we could have won 7-6, and then losing to City and Arsenal isn’t too bad. Hoping we now bounce back. 

i back Emery 100%, if we cant improve under him we may as well pack our bags.

Emery needs to be backed to the hilt in the summer, its critical we get 4-6 new players in, need to offload quite a few also.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Great start just like Gerrard, bu reverted to poor form again. Maybe some people are right, this squad is just not good enough and we need wholesale changes in the summer.

The defence is worse than at any time under Smith or Gerrard, if Emery doesn't sort that out sharpish he will start getting a lot of criticism because he's supposed to be good at organising his teams and defence in general. We are the complete opposite of watertight.

Must win against Everton.

We've lost courtesy of a blatant dive from Grealish (just when it looked like we were getting back into things) and a shot that hit the bar and rebounded in off our keeper's head.  In both matches we've had our moments.  We haven't turned up playing to only lose 2-0 or 3-0.  We've also hit the bar in both matches when if the goal goes in it would have massively changed the momentum.  We've also just lost to the two top teams in the league.  We aren't going to be able to spend £1 billion to bring in players on a level with Man City.

• Like 2

Â