Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is clearly adept tactically, and he can only work with the tools at hand.

The question for me remains over why we have rusty old tools, given that B&Q just closed (stretching the metaphor to it's absolute limit).

Made a good start under him. Hope we don't just go on another bad run like under Smith and Gerrard now. Tough games to come and the fact we have conceded 7 goals in the last two games and could have conceded 7 today is concerning 

Not convinced he will get the money to be honest.  I certainly wouldn’t trust Lange as far as I can throw him and that ain’t very far!  We need a minimum 7 in the first 11.  If Unai smells he’s been sold a lemon then he will walk.  He won’t see his stock drop here.

3 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

I'm in the Unai or bust camp, so if it does not work out with him I will probably find a new obsession in life.  Jazz music or something else that is a million miles away from football.

But football is the jazz of sports..

There is no escape

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, AVFCGB said:

I agree Demetri.  Last Saturday and today has really wound me up.  Ok I know you have to lose sometimes but it doesn’t mean I have to like it!  Just sick of rolling over for the usual suspects and others rocking up at Villa Park, like Leicester…especially Madison, giving it the big one.

Yeah i understand the frustration mate esp last week.  We were ways going to lose this week thats what makes last weeks loss a bad one. But Leicester showed you are no mugs either after destroying spurs yesterday.

Emery can only do so much right now.  Its clear tp ser the defence is a mess and certainly needs serious investment in the summer. Add in some more consistency in the final third amd we should see big improvement next year. We need to be patient. Emerys going to be wonderful in time 

46 minutes ago, AVFCGB said:

I really hope so mate.  He reminds me so much of Graham Taylor Mk1.  Really think this is last chance saloon.  If we don’t back him then it’s game over for getting into to top 4/6.

Even if he's fully backed, Europe is no shoe-in. Man United and Liverpool are both going to be sold to wealthier entities than NSWE. Saudicastle, Man City, Arsenal and Spurs will all be vying for Europe. Our best hope is if Spurs contract at some point and if Man City get bounced from the league. Hard to envision us sustaining a real challenge to crash Europe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVFCGB said:

We need a minimum 7 in the first 11.  If Unai smells he’s been sold a lemon then he will walk.  He won’t see his stock drop here.

We won't be buying 7 first team players this summer. That would be £200m minimum. 

Â