Unai Emery

PeterSw

If we'd lost to Utd, Brighton and Spurs we'd be 17th.

A lot of lesser men (the characters like Steve Bruce) would have refused to take on those first two games. Utd at home and Brighton away are nightmare games.

Accept the job, but say I'll start after the world cup.

Not the don.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If we'd lost to Utd, Brighton and Spurs we'd be 17th.

A lot of lesser men (the characters like Steve Bruce) would have refused to take on those first two games. Utd at home and Brighton away are nightmare games.

Accept the job, but say I'll start after the world cup.

Not the don.

Had we signed him at the start of the season and his PPG record was the same - we'd be 3rd, level on points with Man City...

• Like 1

I've been really impressed with the change in the team in such a short time. Everyone seems to pulling together in the same direction.  The squads looks united, a few times at full time they are pumped, high fiving, hugging chest bumping etc.  I haven't seen that in a long time. I think hiring Unai will be the catalyst that pushes us into that next level. He has my full support.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

I've been really impressed with the change in the team in such a short time. Everyone seems to pulling together in the same direction.  The squads looks united, a few times at full time they are pumped, high fiving, hugging chest bumping etc.  I haven't seen that in a long time. I think hiring Unai will be the catalyst that pushes us into that next level. He has my full support.

All makes the Stevenage result still incomprehensible 

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Those games happen.

1) We were 1-0 up and thought we could just knock it around and see out the game without wasting energy - and indeed could have done if not for utter stupidity.

2) 9/11 players were reserve team players.

A few of the latter may have played their way  out of Emery’s plans, admittedly, but stick out a disjointed reserve team that has literally never played together and you always run the risk of a shock defeat.

16 hours ago, catanzaro said:

brought a tear to my eye.. probably the Italian in me 😁

he could dress better though 

Sorry, could resist. It's probably the Basque in me. Oh wait, there's no Basque in me, so I guess it's just the dick in me. Oh wait ... 😉

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 6.01.31 PM.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Those players had not played a game together before.

It makes a big difference.

I fully trust our best eleven. Fringe players aren't good players that is nothing new to me.

We've one game left this month before Leicester at Villa Park. I hope Emery has planned out how to use the time wisely and they practice this building from the back more. I understand he wants to draw opposition teams on if they press high to create space elsewhere for our quick players to exploit. It's heart in mouth stuff though!!

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We've one game left this month before Leicester at Villa Park. I hope Emery has planned out how to use the time wisely and they practice this building from the back more. I understand he wants to draw opposition teams on if they press high to create space elsewhere for our quick players to exploit. It's heart in mouth stuff though!!

Most teams play this way now.

The players are still 'learning' and they will get better at it. Yes there will be the odd blip, there's bound to be.

But trust Unai and trust the process. 

It's early days but with Unai he has the best managerial credentials of any manager we've had.

He's an elite manager. We've never had an elite manager before.

It's defiantly exciting times and i'm already looking forward to next season with the additions of his own players and and the departures of some of the dross.

• Like 3

Â